2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Goodbye Chevy
By Ron Davis on 04/06/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my crewcab LE because I was tired of the problems and recalls with my 01 chevy extended cab sportbed. The chevy cannot compare with the Nissan in quality. Just opening up and closing the doors on the Nissan you can feel and hear the difference. Living in Tx I never thought I would by anything but a American made truck, but Nissan has done its homework with the nissan frontier. This thing drives like a mini titian. Unlike the Chevy I think the nissan is going to last me without the rattles and poor build quality. My wife had bought a Murano and I liked the quality of it so much that I bought a truck the next week. I now have a solid truck that rides well, is built well and looks great.

Great Truck
By RoissyW4N44 on 04/03/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ok,so maybe it's a bit early,I just bought it a week ago,but so far it seems absolutely phenominal.The NISMO model is a bit tougher on the bumps,but then it is a 4x4 after all.If you are in the market for a midsize pickup I would look no further.After exhaustive research,not one of the others is as well equiped,or has as many great features.The Frontier is the only truck in it's class with STANDARD four wheel disk brakes.Compared to the more popular Toyota Tacoma,this is the better truck.I think my only two complaints would have to be:no long box option,and gas milage seems a bit lower than expected.

FANTASTIC!
By Debbi on 03/29/05 18:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Frontier Crew Nismo with some hesitation. I am glad however; my husband pushed for it. The Nismo package is great! It feels like a full size truck with fabulous gas mileage. The interior is comfortably suited for ease, access and security. The only features missings are the audio controls on the steering wheel and leather interior. I would highly recommend the truck without hesitation!

A great truck
By forresth on 03/27/05 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After only a week with the truck, I can't offer any long term evaluations, but I can say without reservation that it is easily the finest truck I've ever driven. I love this truck. It's the perfect size, the V-6 engine has all the power I could ever want, and it's a sweet looking ride. The seats are comfortable, the ride gentle, but firm. It's as quiet as most sedans and well manored. The price is reasonable too. The fully loaded Frontier has everything I would ever want in a car or truck.

you gotta get this truck
By irishtj on 03/25/05 17:38 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this truck for 2 months but it is AWESOME...265 horsepower on a mid size truck. this thing hauls butt. It is solid, well built, fun, and The looks i get at every light, people keep asking me about it and are impressed by the looks of this truck. I was not impressed by the looks of the full size titan but it works on this truck. it is a guys truck nothing wimpy about it at all..it handles beautifuly but you still have the truck feel due to its heavy duty frame

Worth the wait!
By Diversity 1 on 03/22/05 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truly great truck! It handles very well and the gas mileage is decent. The interior is well thought out and the exterior is rugged, yet futuristic. The engine power is outstanding! You can do almost anything with this vehicle, it is very versatile. Nissan hit a homerun with this one! It is not a cross-over wannabe minivan!

Better than the Tacoma
By Robert on 03/19/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Narrowed the Frontier down between the Tacoma and the big brother Titan. This is a 3rd (multi-purpose) vehicle for us to tow our 21' Proline boat and to make those frequent trips to Home Depot. I was not impressed with the Tacoma at all. Lots of road noise, underpowered engine, and way too much $$$ for it with little room for negotiation. I took the Frontier home for the day and easily put two child seats in back plus room for third teen. I then tested out the towing ability and it pulled my boat with little effort. I loved the Titan and if I really wanted a full- size truck, the Titan would be for me but since the Frontier achieved my purposes, it became mine for $22,539 (MSRP $25,380)

bad truck
By mark k on 03/17/05 12:35 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

my nissan is extremely powerful..plenty of room for the family and tows my 20 foot boat extremely easily. for the price and the name nissan! this truck cant be beat

2005 CC SE 4WD
By Fred Leggett on 03/16/05 19:37 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at 2005 Dakota, Tacoma, Colorado before deciding on 2005 Frontier SE crew cab 4 wheel drive with automatic trans. This truck is solid as a rock (sorry chevy) and built like a brick --- -house. Can't imagine anything in it's class any better.

Dependability
By Don on 03/16/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We needed a replacement for our ageing `81 Toyota pickup. We liked the garagability and featured laden Nissan Crew Cab SE. We honestly enjoy driving the SE more than our `03 Honda CR-V, which we thought would never happen. The CR-V had set a safety president in our minds which our new Nissan has surpassed. The Nissan's head rests are leveraged in the event of a rear-end collision and low air pressure sensors are included in each tire. Side air bag curtains and posi-traction are options on our truck. We also like the fact that power windows remain working after the ignition key is removed. Now we have lots of confidence inspiring horsepower with which to merge our California freeways.