Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

Curb appeal, XM, SUNROOF(Hear that Toyota?), cabin space.

LEATHER!

Dream Come True
By Fronteeer

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking for a truck to replace my Jetta TDI for a couple of years, and I did tons of research leading up to buying this Frontier. Thanks to everyone who posted reviews--they've been really helpful. This is a really sturdy, beautifully designed, tough looking, powerful, capable truck. It's definitely stiff, even without the NISMO package. It doesn't take any crap from potholes, let's put it that way, but the ride is suprisingly smooth and quiet on decent surfaces. Excellent clearance, very roomy interior, big clunky controls that are easy to grab with gloves on and without taking your eyes off the road, simple design but with useful features. Fuel economy so far is very good.

Amazing body--if I was an X-Trail I'd be all over that. Simple interior that's easy to clean, big wheels and tires, Utili-track bed system, fuel economy, good visibility, silky smooth automatic, power with a capital "P", interior/exterior lighting, roomy interior, crash test ratings are excellent.

One-touch auto-down on the driver's side window only, and no one-touch up? I'd add auto -up and -down to both front side windows. Throw in keyless remotes--I had to buy them separately. Bucket seats and armrests are hard as rocks, but once you toughen up you'll find that they offer good support.

JBS3
By JBS

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I tried a Toyota and the Frontier felt more what I look for in a truck. It handles very well. The breaking system with 4 wheel disks are excellent with no pull or noise. The design of the cargo bed is outstanding. The bed is coated and the extended bed with the cargo tie down system gives you fexability. The power is most impressive. I have to drive in Philadelphia and they are the most selfish and inconsiderate drivers. Because of the power I am less likely to be cut off when pulling onto a highway, something that happened to me all the time. My past Frontier had 169,000 miles on it, original clutch. I hope this one gives me the same reliability.

CD player sound system Indicator lights for tires, washer etc Tie down system and bed coating with extension

Gas mileage could be better. I am getting about 16.38 and 20 highway.

Love the 'Gizmo
By Johnboy from NY

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Crew Cab Nismo (a.k.a. Gizmo) for 5 months now. It's one of the most fun to drive trucks that I've ever had. I was a little worried about the Nismo off-road package while on the road, but the stiffer suspension is fine in all but the roughest pot hole highways, where your back-end will try to beat out the front end at speed. The only imperfections that I've had is a rattle in the dash when its cold ( I haven't dropped it off for repairs until it stays cold so they can hear it), and the rubber stops on the tailgate fall off easy. I am RTV'ing them on when the replacements get here. Overall, I love the truck. I get an average of 16.5 mpg in town and 20 on long highway trips.

Sunroof (listen to this Toyota....), The Rockford Fosgate CD player is awesome!!!

How about a "decreased power" button that decreases the engine power a tad, for a little better gas mileage? You don't always need all the 265 horses under the hood.....

My Frontier...it's great!!!
By Terry

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The interior was the main selling point over any other truck in this class. I still feel like I'm in a sedan, and the Rockford Sound System...simply rocks!!!!

Leather, sunroof, Rockford Stereo, Great power...

Fuel economy and dash gauges/controls