2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Awesome
By Jon on 12/31/05 18:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My dad bought his truck after his 2003 GMC Sierra had transmission problems for the life of the truck. I got to drive the Frontier around and wow, what a cool truck. It's very solid, and handles really well for a truck. The engine has a lot of power, but it doesn't pick up till after the revs get toward 3000 rpm. It has 2 glove compartments and storage between the seats, which is pretty nice too. Gas mileage isn't so great yet.

good truck
By anthony colorite on 12/21/05 16:41 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is very powerful for a midsize truck, ok gas milage and it looks great. very happy with my purchase

Big improvement!
By Bob on 12/18/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '98 Frontier with more than 130,000 miles on it. Dead reliable and relatively economical, but ride was harsh and interior uncomfortable for long trips. Nissan learned their lesson with the new Frontier. Very comfortable, roomier, and the increased torque make this heavier vehicle peppier than its predecessor. I got the plain jane of the line, but am very satisfied with the package. Toyota wouldn't try to find a 4 cylinder Tacoma, but the Nissan dealer was happy to and cut a great deal. Average 22 mpg around town; 24 on the road. Nice job, Nissan!

Love this truck
By Tim on 12/17/05 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited for a long time to purchase a midsize truck and I am glad I did. Love this truck. Love the horsepower. Love the exterior design. Love the quality. Love the build in tie-down system in the truckbed. GREAT vehicle so far.

The Prime Truck
By Shulton on 12/14/05 03:46 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Too much low quality plastic inside easy to break. Engine noise after 4 months, it starts when RPM hits 2200, unable to fix by dealer and not recognize by Nissan as defect. It does not affect performance, but it's annoying.

Lovin' It
By Bob on 12/05/05 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Crew Cab in May, 05. Almost 11,000 miles now & still love it. Everything I wanted in a small pickup. Couldn't touch the Toyota (Price) and am now glad I didn't. Rides like a car on the highway. Roomy & confortable. Love that 4.0 liter V6. Strong and smooth. Pulls along in 6th gear at 75 mph around 2100 rpm. This is my 20 year vehicle.

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason on 12/05/05 05:05 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

My First Truck
By Don on 11/21/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I think I made a great choice. This truck is great. It has a comfortable ride, a smooth tranny and looks great. The stereo is first rate. The controls are easy to operate even with gloves on. I test drove an 03 Toyota but went with a new Nissan. My wife calls it Stewie.

Nissan > Toyota
By Glenn on 11/13/05 01:51 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

XE 5 speed...no frills but great gas saver Got newspaper ad special...so this way dealership can't stick you. Remember, the dealerships make a killing on those nice options you like. Don't forget to bring the ad with you. My new truck with zero miles cost less than a used truck (few years old) with 40 -60 K.

Tough to Beat
By GWC on 11/12/05 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Glad I chose this over the Tacoma, for the money, this is the truck. Nice, comfortable interior, smooth powerful engine, which beat some V-8's.Good looking exterior. Would like to have had some door protection. Installing a K & N filter & maybe a tornado for better fuel economy.