Used 2005 Nissan Frontier LE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

05 Frontier
By WMacork

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Body integrity needs work. Tailgate hinges have been replaced but tailgate is too heavy and has caused body damage to lower part of tailgate. Fosgate radio is good but two bands of AM and only 1 of FM doesn't make sense. Satellite from Nissan is too expensive even though convenient. My spouse doesn't like the passenger seat for trips but driver's seat is very comfy. Reliability has been very good except body integrity.

Acceleration. Back seat pocket for drivers seat. Rear air and heat vents for the 4 door. Search/Seek on steering wheel controls

Carbon fiber tailgate or graduated opening like the Titan. dual band FM radio if you don't have satellite.

annoyance overshadows good
By king

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall driving is an improvement. Too bad you ruined it with that horrible cover on the back

The inside is great-a big improvement over my last truck

I hate! detest! and abhor the tonneau cover on the back, I have driven many of your trucks over the last 15 yrs. and that is the most horribly engineered cover I've ever attempted to use (basically I don't use it) which totally makes having this truck useless. I'll never never have another with this co

Great Mid-size Pickup Truck
By Nissan Frontier

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. I love the horsepower it has and the overall look of the vehicle. It feels solid I recommend it.

The engine and overall design of vehicle.

4th Frontier 2005
By Larry

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery of a 2005 Frontier L.E. This is my 4th Nissan truck in the last 14 years.The previous ones were all 4 cyl versions. This one is the v6 and what a difference that makes.The new v6 is great.Loads of power and the 5 speed trans. shifts smoothly.Only have 500 miles at this point but every thing is working as planned. About 19 mpg so that falls short of the older 4 cyl models but the extra power is worth it I think.

The new V6 and 5 speed trans.

Nissan should give the consumer the option to order a XE or SE with the remote keyless entry and some of the other options that are standard on the LE.

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE
By Grenadar

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our new Frontier LE is an absolute joy to drive. The powerful engine is incredible, yet the ride is quite comfortable around town or on the freeway. The interior is extremely well thought-out, with compartments everwhere and with (mostly) well- placed controls for the driver. The seats are comfortably supportive. The factory bedliner with Utili-track system is extremely versatile for carrying almost anything and the locking tailgate latches nicely with no concious thought required (unlike my brother's Ford Ranger). I've only had it a month so I cannot comment on reliability yet. I am only getting 22 mpg on freeway trips, but at least it can use regular gas without a problem. Looks nice, too.

The steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls are nice. The suicide rear doors on our King Cab are great. Using the rear of the cab is a breeze, but it does have 2 rather large blind spots at the B pillars. Trip computer is handy, but the control button placement on speedometer is awkward.

Don't go out of your way to get their satellite radio. My dealer installed the XM antenna on my rear window. It only works when driving north or east! My dealer says that's what Nissan directs, so he can't fix it. Nissan support won't answer repeated messages for help. Love my truck, but not Nissan.