2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
05 Frontier
By WMacork on 12/10/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Body integrity needs work. Tailgate hinges have been replaced but tailgate is too heavy and has caused body damage to lower part of tailgate. Fosgate radio is good but two bands of AM and only 1 of FM doesn't make sense. Satellite from Nissan is too expensive even though convenient. My spouse doesn't like the passenger seat for trips but driver's seat is very comfy. Reliability has been very good except body integrity.

annoyance overshadows good
By king on 07/13/06 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall driving is an improvement. Too bad you ruined it with that horrible cover on the back

Great Mid-size Pickup Truck
By Nissan Frontier on 01/17/06 14:17 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. I love the horsepower it has and the overall look of the vehicle. It feels solid I recommend it.

4th Frontier 2005
By Larry on 04/21/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery of a 2005 Frontier L.E. This is my 4th Nissan truck in the last 14 years.The previous ones were all 4 cyl versions. This one is the v6 and what a difference that makes.The new v6 is great.Loads of power and the 5 speed trans. shifts smoothly.Only have 500 miles at this point but every thing is working as planned. About 19 mpg so that falls short of the older 4 cyl models but the extra power is worth it I think.

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE
By Grenadar on 04/11/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our new Frontier LE is an absolute joy to drive. The powerful engine is incredible, yet the ride is quite comfortable around town or on the freeway. The interior is extremely well thought-out, with compartments everwhere and with (mostly) well- placed controls for the driver. The seats are comfortably supportive. The factory bedliner with Utili-track system is extremely versatile for carrying almost anything and the locking tailgate latches nicely with no concious thought required (unlike my brother's Ford Ranger). I've only had it a month so I cannot comment on reliability yet. I am only getting 22 mpg on freeway trips, but at least it can use regular gas without a problem. Looks nice, too.

First time pickup owner
By T on 04/02/05 12:17 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a '05 Escape Limited... the Frontier exceeds all that vehicle in all areas. Muscular look, excellent quality... I love it!

Great Re-design!
By reverendbiker on 02/28/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the finest truck I have ever owned (7 previous) and has a level of refinement that it amazing. Acceleration and handling are first-rate, as are the interior design and ergonomics. Fuel economy is good for a truck (17/21 actual). I usually don't like to buy a first-year vehicle, but it looks like Nissan has done their homework on this one.