Used 2005 Nissan Frontier SE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4cyl Auto
By EYECAT

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2005 in Jan-06 in Jun- 07 I have 80,000 miles on it. This is my 5th Nissan I have purchased for use in my business and the only major thing I have ever replaced was a clutch at 200,000 miles. My last was a 1997 & I replaced 2 clutches, a starter & alternator. I traded it at 487,000 miles & the others were over 300,000 miles. I got them all from the same dealership. Now at 80,000 miles the transmission seal leaks & the flange in rear-end went. Nissan dealer said it would take 10days to get the part. The same dealer sent my mechanic the wrong part 3X. After 2 wks & 20 calls to corp. no one returns my calls & no answers when they'll have the right part made, no loaner.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks good

Suggested Improvements

Truck too large for a 4 cylinder. Corporate & dealership needs better customer service. Gas milage is terrible only 20mpg (my 1997 got 28mpg with 487000 miles)

Great Truck
By Mike

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at all the Mid sized trucks, no better bang for the buck in the Frontier. Toyota would have been at least 6k more and who wants an 11 MPG dakota, an that's it in the mid-sized market. All that aside I love this truck! drives great fun to drive. absolutely no complaints. if your looking BUY ONE.

Favorite Features

Speed, design, driveability.

Suggested Improvements

Center console should be a bit higher so you can better rest your arm on it while you drive, I seem to hit the high beams often when i am just trying to signal a turn.

2005 Frontier
By 2005 Frontier

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the durability and handling of this truck. Tows my trailer without any problems or lack of horse-power. Bed is more like a full size pickup and the interior feels like a full size truck. A big improvement over the previous generation of mini pickups.

Favorite Features

Horse power and good milage.

Suggested Improvements

2-tone the interior, kind of bland but very functional. The wiper controls are too close to the steering wheel.

2005 Nissan king SE V-6 Review
By Toodster33

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my SE King Automatic V-6 for alomst 2 years now and have put 33,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. I have to say I love it. I would have bought a Crew Cab, but they are not available in long box. 5 Foot box just is not going to do it for me. Get on it Nissan. Shift points could be a little better to get more performance out of motor. But over all not too bad of a comprimise.

Favorite Features

Visibility, power, ride, highway drivability.

Suggested Improvements

Long box for Crew Cab. Better shiftpoints for automatic. Sport model hi-po version would be cool.

Great Truck
By Michael

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been very pleased with this truck. I did consider a Colorado at first but very soon discovered that the L5 engine was just not a best choice for the powerplant. The 4.0 in the Frontier is very strong and will leave all other midsize and most fullsize trucks in the dust. The only complaint I have was that splash guards werent a standard feature. The tires sling up and leave a lot of chips on the paint. There is a hint from the ride of a larger truck but soaks up the bumps fairly well. All and all its a great truck and I am very pleased with my decision.

Favorite Features

Outstanding engine and 5speed auto tranny. Feels like a larger truck than the older compacts.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat in the excab is very uncomfortable for even short adults and there is a little too much plastic on the interior.