2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Buy the 2.5L if you can find one for sale.
By unixfreak0037 on 06/12/12 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new in 2005. It's 2012 and it still looks and runs like a brand new truck. With these high gas prices, having a truck that can haul light loads and get 22/23 MPG is really nice. Right now I wouldn't trade it for anything. And these are hard to find. Used 2.5L manual shift XEs are rarely found for sale, probably because the owners recognize their value. Took this 2WD truck on some dirt roads in Tennessee and had no problems at all. Very good truck.

Buy one if you can find one!
By Frontier freak on 06/26/10 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 04' Frontier and traded in for the '05 2.5L/5-speed - well worth it. Bigger everything and still reliable, expect for some body squeaks. The truck never had any mentionable problems but routine main. & a battery (not counting two wrecks which it took like a champ) and it's still running and hauling 1,000 lbs. well. I think the interior design and ergonomics are great for a king cab, and the bold exterior design sets it apart from the wimpier Tacoma and domestics. Would like to see a more stroked 4 (or inline 5?) base model - the 2.5 L does great for the weight of this sturdy truck, but acceleration and torque are issues. I hope to get the 4.0 next time.

2nd Frontier
By 808blue on 07/06/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second frontier. Loved it, great MPG , good power for a 4 banger. Only really dumb move on Nissan's part is even offering a truck without AC. I bought the truck second hand for a great deal, and other than having no AC whatsoever, the truck was awesome.

Disappointed in Nissan
By LK Texas on 04/23/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Nissan pickup (80,82,05). Of the three I am really disappointed in the quality of the vehicle. I ONLY have 26,000 miles on it and already the exhaust manifold requires replacement (TSB was not sent to me), my fuel gauge sending unit is shot, and the wiper reservoir cracked. I will end up doing all the repairs as I will not pay for dealership service. Only good thing is I put on a Gibson performance exhaust, a custom CAI with a AMSOIL intake filter, replaced ALL fluids with AMSOIL and I am now getting 25 city and 33 highway. If nothing else goes out I will keep it. Otherwise, I will consider another manufacturer.

2005 Nissan Frontier XE
By Joe on 06/08/07 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice truck to own. Very sharp looking truck. All my friends like the look of it and how it rides. Only problems I notice are: (1) your legs come close to hitting the lower dash; (2) truck horn is very wimpy and truck should have two horn buttons at each edge of steering wheel, not just one in center that is hard to use; (3) don't plan on getting any custom wheels for it because the 6 X 114.3 lug pattern is not standard size - there are very few makers of custom rims that will fit on the truck, very few custom rims will fit; (4) interior should have two dome lights, one near front of cab and other near the back of cab.

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE
By Steve on 05/02/07 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE . It has the 5 speed manual transmission with powerful 4 cylinder engine which is also great on gas. I get a lot of nice compliments since I've had it.

2005 Nissan
By Jo on 03/24/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for 2 years now with 19,555 miles,bought new. Been an excellent truck for 2 years, no problems at all.Bought the basic XE with the 4cyl,stick with bedliner and bed caps, XE preferred package, and floor mats. Listed for 18090.00,paid 14500.Truck averages about 22 mpg,and is very comfortable to drive and handles well. Does fine on the highway, runs at 85 MPH with no problem and seems to be willing to offer more.This is my 3rd Nissan,but by far the best I have ever owned. I've waited 2 years to really judge the vehicle and I couldn't be happier

first new truck in 25 years
By larry collie on 07/24/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

this is the first new truck i have bought in 25 years, i looked at a lot of mid size trucks so far i am very happy with my nissan frontier drives great, it's fun to drive very comfortable gas mileage is ok around 20-21 with automatic trans, had a 93 nissan pickup very reliable so i was leaning toward a nissan truck, highly recommend.

Toyota Killer
By Bill Walters on 05/31/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I shopped Toyota and many other products from the American "Big Three" and settled on the 05 Frontier XE. This workhorse has style, class, dependability, a comfy ride amd all appointments in the right place. It outperforms the Toyota Tacomas in every aspect and is priced under Toyota's ( fixed pricing ). Econony is great at 24-25 MPG and the Frontier does not have that "sissy" look that Toyota's do. The ride is like driving a nice SUV. Pay load is good for a mid size truck too. Fifth gear could use a little more "beef" but a small bother compared to the overall performance of the Frontier. I would recommend it to any one. I'll get 200,000 or more miles of great service from this vehicle.

Big improvement!
By Bob on 12/18/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '98 Frontier with more than 130,000 miles on it. Dead reliable and relatively economical, but ride was harsh and interior uncomfortable for long trips. Nissan learned their lesson with the new Frontier. Very comfortable, roomier, and the increased torque make this heavier vehicle peppier than its predecessor. I got the plain jane of the line, but am very satisfied with the package. Toyota wouldn't try to find a 4 cylinder Tacoma, but the Nissan dealer was happy to and cut a great deal. Average 22 mpg around town; 24 on the road. Nice job, Nissan!