Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Be very careful!
By Bad Truck

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a huge headache. I've had an enormous amount of trouble with it. Most of my problems were cosmetic related including a roof leak that Nissan can't seem to fix. Had the seal replaced three times and the windshield replaced once and it still leaks. Along with that the brake master cyl went out at 500 miles, bumper has been replaced twice, belt tensioner has been replaced three times, Window control module needs to be replaced, the timing belt system had to be replaced due to a technical service bulletin (only covered if the vehicle is under warranty). Do yourself a favor and buy a Toyota or Honda. I made the mistake of buying a Nissan because it was less money, bad move!

Favorite Features

The best thing about this whole truck is the power, stereo system, bed tie- down system and all the nooks and crannies for storage.

Suggested Improvements

This truck needs better quality materials from the outside in. Everything from the plastics to the rubber are cheap.

Excellent in so many ways
By David

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the NISMO Crew Frontier for quite a while now, and I KNOW that this is the last vehicle I will buy. I fully intend to drive this truck till the wheels fall off. Pretty much everything is gravy... first off, it is love at first sight on styling. Interior is decidedly untrucklike, in fact better than most sport sedans. Power and handling is exceptional, in all situations (I have driven it in ice, rain, LOTS of pavement, snowy mountain roads and a bunch of Moab UT offroad). Amenities such as the Rockford-Fosgate systems are fantastic, and the cargo accessories invaluable. Only little gripes are the fuel economy is a bit low (although expected) and an external MP3 jack would be nice.

Favorite Features

Styling, amenities, comfort, power and handling, cargo accessories.

Suggested Improvements

External MP3 jack (already addressed in later models I think). Option for navigation system.

Great truck
By Dave

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel in love with this truck as soon as I saw it. But looks were just what got me started. It handles well, is comfortable to drive and has made life a lot easier when it comes to working around the property, because it goes just about anywhere.

Favorite Features

The great look. It has a style that other trucks don't have. The NISMO package means I can go just about anywhere I want. The interior is great and the sunroof and stereo make it even more enjoyable getting there.

Suggested Improvements

My one and only complaint is so minor it's ridiculous. But, I think the cup holders need to be moved from the current position to a place on the front dash where the old ashtrays would have been.

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

Favorite Features

Curb appeal, XM, SUNROOF(Hear that Toyota?), cabin space.

Suggested Improvements

LEATHER!

Perfect Upgrade
By drumbob

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 2001 Nissan Frontier SE DR to the 2005 CC Nismo. It's a great ride and my gas mileage is better. Even though it's a Nismo Off Road it still rides better than my old 2001. Plenty of power if I need it. Can take it on a road trip and really enjoy the ride. Don't plan on much off roading but it may help here in the mountains in the winter.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, power,fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Heated side mirrors standard would be nice. Arm rest on center console a little longer.