2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Be very careful!
By Bad Truck on 09/10/08 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a huge headache. I've had an enormous amount of trouble with it. Most of my problems were cosmetic related including a roof leak that Nissan can't seem to fix. Had the seal replaced three times and the windshield replaced once and it still leaks. Along with that the brake master cyl went out at 500 miles, bumper has been replaced twice, belt tensioner has been replaced three times, Window control module needs to be replaced, the timing belt system had to be replaced due to a technical service bulletin (only covered if the vehicle is under warranty). Do yourself a favor and buy a Toyota or Honda. I made the mistake of buying a Nissan because it was less money, bad move!

Excellent in so many ways
By David on 12/12/07 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the NISMO Crew Frontier for quite a while now, and I KNOW that this is the last vehicle I will buy. I fully intend to drive this truck till the wheels fall off. Pretty much everything is gravy... first off, it is love at first sight on styling. Interior is decidedly untrucklike, in fact better than most sport sedans. Power and handling is exceptional, in all situations (I have driven it in ice, rain, LOTS of pavement, snowy mountain roads and a bunch of Moab UT offroad). Amenities such as the Rockford-Fosgate systems are fantastic, and the cargo accessories invaluable. Only little gripes are the fuel economy is a bit low (although expected) and an external MP3 jack would be nice.

Great truck
By Dave on 08/03/07 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel in love with this truck as soon as I saw it. But looks were just what got me started. It handles well, is comfortable to drive and has made life a lot easier when it comes to working around the property, because it goes just about anywhere.

Perfect Upgrade
By drumbob on 01/02/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 2001 Nissan Frontier SE DR to the 2005 CC Nismo. It's a great ride and my gas mileage is better. Even though it's a Nismo Off Road it still rides better than my old 2001. Plenty of power if I need it. Can take it on a road trip and really enjoy the ride. Don't plan on much off roading but it may help here in the mountains in the winter.

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason on 12/05/05 05:05 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

Gas gas gas
By Brian VABeach on 07/23/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ok so everyone konws that your going to get bad MPG on gas but not this bad....i have had my Frontier for 3 weeks now and am at 1500 miles and still only getting 17.7 - 17.9 MPG ....Horrible!

Great truck
By Nick on 06/08/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 8,500 miles on my NISMO right now and its still a blast. Great looking truck, awesome on and off road. I have not found an obstacle this truck cannot handle. Best fuel economy around 60-65 mph.

Prod date 11/04 compared to a 03/05
By TERRI on 05/16/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased prod date 11/04 on 1/05, numerous problems [eng rattle, hard pull right, r/r dr pnl incorrect, clunk in drivetrain accell/decel, shudder 3-4 shift trans, brk pedal squeak, washer nozzles misaligned, rolls too far in park, hood & sunvisors vibrate, r/f rear seat trim panel broke off, r/f a pillar rattle, a/c knobs loose, prk brake out of adjustment, frt windows grind up/down] dealer said normal- not!!! Traded back in for same model later prod date 03/05-different characterist truck-no problems. Love the truck-awesome power 4.0L, ride, handling great, bigger than my 01 nis frontier 2wd cc xe; electric blue screams buy me! Love the red dash lights & fact sprayed bed liner!

'05 Frontier
By Jeff on 04/20/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck so far. Just got over 1,000 miles. Gas mileage is very close to the rated 15/20, although you can do better if you take it easy. Everything is where it needs to be. Only problem is a rattle in the dash. It only does it when it is cold and near idle. If I turn on the defroster, the rattle stops. Wanting to get it fixed but not looking foward to the dealer tearing into my dash. Would still buy the truck again. Drove the Tacoma and the Nissan just feels bigger.

Better than the Tacoma
By Robert on 03/19/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Narrowed the Frontier down between the Tacoma and the big brother Titan. This is a 3rd (multi-purpose) vehicle for us to tow our 21' Proline boat and to make those frequent trips to Home Depot. I was not impressed with the Tacoma at all. Lots of road noise, underpowered engine, and way too much $$$ for it with little room for negotiation. I took the Frontier home for the day and easily put two child seats in back plus room for third teen. I then tested out the towing ability and it pulled my boat with little effort. I loved the Titan and if I really wanted a full- size truck, the Titan would be for me but since the Frontier achieved my purposes, it became mine for $22,539 (MSRP $25,380)