2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab RWD SE MT
By BigTaka on 01/18/10 13:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my used truck 4 years ago for work with 15K miles already on it. I have put 60K additional miles on and have had no mechanical issues. I do get a chirping sound from the air vents after I turn the ignition off and the dealership can't figure out the issue. I've only changed the belts, done regular maintenance and am due to have the breaks changed for the first time. The gas mileage is less than desirable as I average 18-19mpg whether I am in the city or driving long distances on the highway. The rear seat is not the most comfortable as it sits straight up and does not offer much leg room. The power is decent and it has functioned fine when towing.

05 Frontier Crew Cab SE 2WD V6 Auto
By Rob on 05/13/07 07:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months and 21000 miles, I can honestly say I love this vehicle! Powerful engine, smooth ride, just dosent feel like a truck. I have driven my truck on several long trips and it cruises effortlessly at 80-85 mph, very quiet and comfortable. I've owned Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and a VW, and can say that so far, this is my favorite. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this truck too, especially the engine/transmission and fit and finish. I would definitely recommend that anyone looking at a mid-size truck to do yourself a favor and check out the Frontier!

Fuel Emissions Control Valve
By Ray on 06/16/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

my wife drives this truck to her work on a farm, and the roads are somtimes muddy. there was a build up of dirt and mud on the emissions control box on the drivers side rear wheel on the inside of the frame which caused the service engine light to come on, this build up of dirt cause the engine emissions control valve to fail. Bad disign on Nissans part, there should be some sort of fender gaurd to prevent the build up of mud on the emissions box. Great truck just don't drive in the mud to much.

05 Frontier CC SE 6spd V6
By rangermang on 06/06/06 02:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I researched and researched this truck as well as others, and I will have to say it was an easy choice. Cheaper, and more unique than the other trucks out there, and a very smooth ride all around. Also, it is basically a sports car in a truck body. The gears catch very quickly, almost a short throw sometimes! And, averaging 16.5 mpg strictly town is not bad for the size of this thing. Best choice ive made yet!

me
By jim on 05/31/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

drive about 55-60 miles a day. it gets right in to the flow of trafic very well. i get about 270 to 300 miles by 1/2 a tank.

I love this truck.
By Jim on 04/27/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Two days arfter purchasing this truck I drove from Dallas to Seattle. Since then, I've driven to San Francisco, Las Vegas, Missouri and New Mexico. I've never had a problem. I take it off road frequently and love it. I wish I would have gotten an off-road package, but I'm still very happy with it.

Love this truck
By Tim on 12/17/05 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited for a long time to purchase a midsize truck and I am glad I did. Love this truck. Love the horsepower. Love the exterior design. Love the quality. Love the build in tie-down system in the truckbed. GREAT vehicle so far.

The Prime Truck
By Shulton on 12/14/05 03:46 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Too much low quality plastic inside easy to break. Engine noise after 4 months, it starts when RPM hits 2200, unable to fix by dealer and not recognize by Nissan as defect. It does not affect performance, but it's annoying.

Not Quite Good Enough
By alko on 08/08/05 01:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is specifically for the 2x4 Crew Cab SE w/ 6-speed tranny. This truck looks nice and has nice features in and out and the interior controls and gauges are well thought out, but threr are a couple of things I dislike. The front suspension is so stiff that it does nothing to absorb the freeway bumps and constantly throws my body from side to side on uneven terrain such as dips and driveways. The tires take all the abuse bouncing over the bumps. It's almost unbearable. The other thing I dislike is the electronic throttle control which has a decceleration delay of about 1 second and makes smooth shifting very hard to master. I just don't understand the thinking behind this.

First time nissan owner
By JOHN B on 07/15/05 08:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is roomy and is very functional i really feel that it has good build quality.