Used 2005 Nissan Frontier LE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Happy Nissan Owner
By Miasbuddy

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Nissan and I'll never again buy anything other brand. My truck is sturdy and safe. Handles very well in all types of road & weather conditions. Has plenty of power and I can hold my own on the Interstate with the 18 wheelers. Driver's seat is very comfortable for my bad back. I've had no expenses outside of routine maintenance with any of the 3 Nissans. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Frontier to anyone looking for a reliable pick up truck.

Favorite Features

Handling on icy roads is excellent. Comfortable seats. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

I can't ask for any more.

Sportscar with truck bed
By JimInFLA

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 Frontier 2wd used w/ about 10k miles. Traded in an '02 Chevy Avalanche. It was great but the gas was killin' me and we don't need the 4wd in FL. My Fronty has plenty o' power... it's like a sportscar w/a truck bed, I swear! I love the bed's adjustable tiedown system. Not crazy about the roofrack but it does have a sunroof that is nice, although I mostly run the A/C. I'm a lead foot and I can get about 17-19 mpg doing about 75-85 mph on the highway. It's squirrely in the rain b/c it's sort of light in the backend like my old '98 2dr Tahoe. The front seats are uncomfortable on long road trips. They also need to redo the center console so you have an elbow rest.

Favorite Features

Good strong engine. Tiedown system in the bed. A/C runs good. Gas mileage isn't bad for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be heavier in the backend, the rearend can get slippery in the rain. The front seats stink! The lumbar hurts your back afte riding for hours and I feel like they make you sit too close to the windshield, too far forward. They also need to redesign the center console. It's too far back!

"Unfortunately my Wife LOVES it!!!
By Tim

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to put some miles and seasons on my new 4x4 before I gave my review. I love it more now than when I 1st bout it. I used to own a Chevy S10 4x4 that I had to put in reverse to engage the 4x4--a real pain!!! With this 4x4on the fly, I can't wait for it to snow. It's got great ground clearance and cuts through deep snow like butter! My wife uses any excuse to drive it, I can't get her out of it. I love the spray-in bedliner with the util-trac rails. With the bed extender i go from a 5' to 6'bed. Interior is very comfortable and a smooth ride. 265hp acceleration very powerful. test drove dodge durango as well. NO comparison. Gas mileage @16- 20. Could use heated outside anti-fog mirrors

Favorite Features

auto dimming mirror w/temp/compass. sray-in bedliner with UTIL-trac rails. the V-6 265hp engine. Seats are really comfortable with plenty of room. Everything's Great!!!

Suggested Improvements

They should copy the Honda Ridgelines trunk in the bed w/electric outlet. I had top of line Frontier LE but no heated anti-fog mirrors, could use that. And possibly a remote controlled WIFE ejection seat!

2005 Frontier Crew Cab
By sberry

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The most leg room in the back of the crew cab I've ever experienced. Good design, tight and stought. The engine belt did squeak which was embarrassing until dealer replaced, the brakes still squeak when applied while backing up. Turning radius too wide and I dont like gearing due to fact that when automatic kicks into passing, rpms reve up to high in comparison to acceleration. Have not towed anything. 1 recall on tow hitch electrical. As good as to better that any truck I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Leg room in back of crew cab is great.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius needs reduced, gearing reviewed.

Great but...
By Bill Mac

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic truck. I have two complaints: 1) Fosgate stereo has great sound but unless you use the satelite hookup (very expensive) you have 2 AM radio bands and only 1 FM - no sense there. The other is the weight of the tailgate. If not fully latched and falls while driving it may bend the sheet metal in the lower corners of the tailgate - has happened to me twice. Needs to be lighter or have a counterweight to keep gate from "banging" down.

Favorite Features

acceleration, and ride comfort. The sunroof is a great feature for a truck. Storage space plentiful.

Suggested Improvements

Lighter tailgate, 2 FM bands on Fosgate radio system, better gas mileage.