2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Happy Nissan Owner
By Miasbuddy on 08/12/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Nissan and I'll never again buy anything other brand. My truck is sturdy and safe. Handles very well in all types of road & weather conditions. Has plenty of power and I can hold my own on the Interstate with the 18 wheelers. Driver's seat is very comfortable for my bad back. I've had no expenses outside of routine maintenance with any of the 3 Nissans. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Frontier to anyone looking for a reliable pick up truck.

Sportscar with truck bed
By JimInFLA on 04/01/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 Frontier 2wd used w/ about 10k miles. Traded in an '02 Chevy Avalanche. It was great but the gas was killin' me and we don't need the 4wd in FL. My Fronty has plenty o' power... it's like a sportscar w/a truck bed, I swear! I love the bed's adjustable tiedown system. Not crazy about the roofrack but it does have a sunroof that is nice, although I mostly run the A/C. I'm a lead foot and I can get about 17-19 mpg doing about 75-85 mph on the highway. It's squirrely in the rain b/c it's sort of light in the backend like my old '98 2dr Tahoe. The front seats are uncomfortable on long road trips. They also need to redo the center console so you have an elbow rest.

"Unfortunately my Wife LOVES it!!!
By Tim on 03/05/07 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to put some miles and seasons on my new 4x4 before I gave my review. I love it more now than when I 1st bout it. I used to own a Chevy S10 4x4 that I had to put in reverse to engage the 4x4--a real pain!!! With this 4x4on the fly, I can't wait for it to snow. It's got great ground clearance and cuts through deep snow like butter! My wife uses any excuse to drive it, I can't get her out of it. I love the spray-in bedliner with the util-trac rails. With the bed extender i go from a 5' to 6'bed. Interior is very comfortable and a smooth ride. 265hp acceleration very powerful. test drove dodge durango as well. NO comparison. Gas mileage @16- 20. Could use heated outside anti-fog mirrors

2005 Frontier Crew Cab
By sberry on 09/29/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The most leg room in the back of the crew cab I've ever experienced. Good design, tight and stought. The engine belt did squeak which was embarrassing until dealer replaced, the brakes still squeak when applied while backing up. Turning radius too wide and I dont like gearing due to fact that when automatic kicks into passing, rpms reve up to high in comparison to acceleration. Have not towed anything. 1 recall on tow hitch electrical. As good as to better that any truck I've ever owned.

Great but...
By Bill Mac on 09/03/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic truck. I have two complaints: 1) Fosgate stereo has great sound but unless you use the satelite hookup (very expensive) you have 2 AM radio bands and only 1 FM - no sense there. The other is the weight of the tailgate. If not fully latched and falls while driving it may bend the sheet metal in the lower corners of the tailgate - has happened to me twice. Needs to be lighter or have a counterweight to keep gate from "banging" down.

Best in class
By jwill on 06/19/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Frontier and the Tacoma - the frontier was my favorite by far (although some of that had to do with the sales guy). The v6 has power to spare, the seats are comfortable, and I'm getting 19 mpg mixed driving, which is about what my old Volvo 740GL was getting. Couldn't be happier with this truck.

Exceeds my expectations
By ShiverMeTimbers on 05/06/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my LE '05 CC for just over 4 months now (first truck ever) and couldn't be happier. The truck sells itself, even impressing some dyed-in-the-wool american brand only types. I think this truck might last as long as my old volvo (200k+ miles). As for the reviewers complaining about the ride, you really need to ride in a sport sedan like my wife's Maxima SE!! If you want a car that floats along the road, you need to buy a Lincoln.

my nissan
By Ryan Collins on 01/12/06 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

great all arround truck, what you would expect on gas and plenty of power to tow large trailers or simply overtake on the road. somewhat stiff ride but again it's a truck. the tailgate is heavy is my only complant. the interior feels more spaceious than the dodge ram crewcab that i own.

Best Frontier yet!
By Asantoni on 09/06/05 15:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 1998 Frontier, words cannot describe what an improvement over the old model the 2005 Frontier is. There is plenty of low end Torque from the V6 engine and it's a pleasure to rev. 5 speed auto transmission is extremely smooth (same is in the Titan I believe) and it helps deliver respectable gas mileage. So far I'm getting about 18 mpg in mixed driving and 21-22 mpg hwy. Handling is also a strong suit. Only complaints I have about the truck is the small nearly vertical rear seats and the General Grabber tires. These tires will break loose in even the slightest rain and just don't belong in a truck with this much power.

Fronty drives fine
By DGrenier on 08/26/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Plenty of power. Drives very smooth. Wife loves the truck (it's her driver). Does a very comfortable 80 mph. Quiet inside. Stereo rocks (RockyFos). Leather interior seats.