Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

LE 4WD
By zechs220

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have about 92k. I love this truck. I have owned it for 4 years. I beat the crap out of this truck. Smashed it twice, and i drive it like i stole it. Never had any problems till recently. Catalytic converter on Drivers side went out on it at 83K just out of emissions warranty. Nissan wanted $1200 i did it myself on the ground for about $250. Now if having some sort of vibration coming from the transmission, almost like the torque converter lockup is not engaging correctly. My Gibson Exhaust rusted through and i ended up puttin a banks exhaust on it. I bought it for the power, boy does this truck move. Ive raced with it and ive run it through the mud. Cant beat a Frontier.

Favorite Features

4.0L V6, Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker system, great in the snow, the amount of room there is in the back seat, (im 5-7), the number of o-crap handles in the truck (at least 6), utilitrac system, double bin glove box, 8 cup holders, electrochromatic mirror w/ compass and garage door opener, Roof Rack.

Suggested Improvements

An inch taller bed and 3 inches longer, sportier seats, taller mirriors like the titan, skid plate on all 4x4 models, larger underseat storage bin.

Love it!!! 100+ mi and still kicking!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Silverado with the 5.3L V8 a couple vehicles before this one. This is just as powerful, if not more, with the 4.0 V6. I live near the city so I wanted something a little more agile but still had plenty of muscle for all my excursions. This truck does perfect. 4WD makes it a billy goat. LOVE THE NISMO! You really don't have to do anything to this truck when you have that package...except maybe a bigger tire. By the way, 285 BFG AT's fit perfect with no modifications or rubbing. The interior design is perfect. Controls seem to be built for men (easy and straight forward). Opt for the Rockford sound system if possible. 6-Disc CD Changer is pretty convenient.

Favorite Features

Nismo package, 4 Door, factory bed liner, looks, bulletproof.

Suggested Improvements

factory ipod interface standard (available for ~$200)

bullet resistant
By dorfsmurfal

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought news. was over $9000 less than the base Tundra. Has 4L six, massive power lousey gas mileage. Just towed a steel two horse trailer with two horses up 15% grade to yosimite pulled like a champ. Only mechanical issues is rear end went out under warranty and fuel sensor. Factory replaced with no issue. Nissan has way cooler looks than Toyota and a better overall value than Toyota. Some interior noise and squeaks. But I off road. I just changed the facotry tires and brakes at 78,000 miles. Every time I go to the dealer they try to buy it from me. Ran the sand dunes at Pismo fine people couldn't believe the power or abilities. Did I mention no accelorator problems? GO NISSAN!

Favorite Features

Power, Looks, Driving Comfort, Ergonomics

Suggested Improvements

Better finish, better MPG

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab RWD SE MT
By BigTaka

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my used truck 4 years ago for work with 15K miles already on it. I have put 60K additional miles on and have had no mechanical issues. I do get a chirping sound from the air vents after I turn the ignition off and the dealership can't figure out the issue. I've only changed the belts, done regular maintenance and am due to have the breaks changed for the first time. The gas mileage is less than desirable as I average 18-19mpg whether I am in the city or driving long distances on the highway. The rear seat is not the most comfortable as it sits straight up and does not offer much leg room. The power is decent and it has functioned fine when towing.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, long lasting breaks, good power.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, rear sear comfort, paint chipping.

Chinese Firedrill
By fpkarau

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a company vehicle used extensively offroad. Performs well off road. It comes without skid plate and managed to tear oil pan off first 2 months we had it going through a mud hole on a construction site that every other rig on the mountain traversed without incident. Aluminum rim destroyed first month and needed to replace all stock tires as well as they are junk. Most irritating thing about this unit is that is has no keyless entry yet only one key tumbler in drivers side door only. Result is that if you want to enter vehicle from passenger side you have to do a "Chinese firedrill" around the truck to open unit from driver's side door and return to passenger side. Moronic design.