2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4cyl Auto
By EYECAT on 06/20/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2005 in Jan-06 in Jun- 07 I have 80,000 miles on it. This is my 5th Nissan I have purchased for use in my business and the only major thing I have ever replaced was a clutch at 200,000 miles. My last was a 1997 & I replaced 2 clutches, a starter & alternator. I traded it at 487,000 miles & the others were over 300,000 miles. I got them all from the same dealership. Now at 80,000 miles the transmission seal leaks & the flange in rear-end went. Nissan dealer said it would take 10days to get the part. The same dealer sent my mechanic the wrong part 3X. After 2 wks & 20 calls to corp. no one returns my calls & no answers when they'll have the right part made, no loaner.

Great Truck
By Mike on 12/12/06 03:42 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at all the Mid sized trucks, no better bang for the buck in the Frontier. Toyota would have been at least 6k more and who wants an 11 MPG dakota, an that's it in the mid-sized market. All that aside I love this truck! drives great fun to drive. absolutely no complaints. if your looking BUY ONE.

2005 Frontier
By 2005 Frontier on 11/26/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the durability and handling of this truck. Tows my trailer without any problems or lack of horse-power. Bed is more like a full size pickup and the interior feels like a full size truck. A big improvement over the previous generation of mini pickups.

2005 Nissan king SE V-6 Review
By Toodster33 on 09/25/06 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my SE King Automatic V-6 for alomst 2 years now and have put 33,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. I have to say I love it. I would have bought a Crew Cab, but they are not available in long box. 5 Foot box just is not going to do it for me. Get on it Nissan. Shift points could be a little better to get more performance out of motor. But over all not too bad of a comprimise.

Great Truck
By Michael on 08/15/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been very pleased with this truck. I did consider a Colorado at first but very soon discovered that the L5 engine was just not a best choice for the powerplant. The 4.0 in the Frontier is very strong and will leave all other midsize and most fullsize trucks in the dust. The only complaint I have was that splash guards werent a standard feature. The tires sling up and leave a lot of chips on the paint. There is a hint from the ride of a larger truck but soaks up the bumps fairly well. All and all its a great truck and I am very pleased with my decision.

features
By fred on 05/30/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disappointed it did not come with safety remote key entry, rides a little rough. First time pick-up owner I expected more comfort. After purchase dispointed in jump seats instead of 4 seats. Bad choice on my part. Color was not first choice but acceptible. Overall pickup is very good and enjoy a lot. pricing of basic vehicle color should not change options or price.

2005 Nissan Frontier SE 4x2
By Joe on 05/11/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have put almost 13,000 miles on this truck since purchasing new in Aug. 2005. The milage is a good mix of highway and city driving. Overall the truck is a solid performer. I haven't hauled anything really heavy but what I have hauled did not strain it in the least. The cockpit has a real nice feel with easy access to everything. Plenty of storage space for all the junk you would need to carry. Driving on the highway is great at higher speeds. It doesn't have a lack of get up and go. Short hauls with passengers is about all I would suggest. The seats are comfortable. Overall craftsmanship is top notch.

best truck ever
By Mikey_Missles_41102 on 05/02/06 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is by far the best truck i've ever owned. no more american made for me!!!

Lamaeque Nissan
By Louis on 02/03/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Frontier and I love it. I was used to Toyota's (Good Trucks) but I have to say that the Frontier beats them all.

The 2005 Nissan Frontier
By Emily on 10/31/05 20:46 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best truck I think I will ever own. My boyfriend has a 2000 Nissan Frontier, and all of our friends have variouse year model Frontiers and we all love them. We will keep these trucks after we get newer Nissans as a second vehicle for whatever purpose it may be needed for. We will own nothing other than a Nissan.