Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Bought it new at the re-design/12 years later....
By hill-man

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This truck has never let us down. Aside from the extremely heavy tailgate, it has an overall superior design and has performed flawlessly. As important for me is the fact the paint still shines new when the truck is washed...no kidding. The not so tight turning radius is something I got used to very easily; not sure how it compared with other trucks in 2005. One main gripe was that I was never contacted by Nissan regarding the recall of the fuel sending unit. This was a repair I put off, expected it to be very expensive. I noticed content online regarding the problem, saw the recall posted, but it was too late for me. I even called the local dealer, who at least acted unaware of this problem....yeah right.

A few downsides: more than a few times, the views of other cars have been blocked by the large A pillars, making for some quick braking, but never an accident. Also, the overall ride of the truck could be a bit smoother and less harsh over imperfect roads.

Overall, this has been a fabulous truck.

"""I can believe it ""
By Alex

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

i have 2005 frontier is a nightmare in one year over 10 times to the dealer
and they refuse to do a complete job under the warranty, bottom line
dont waste you money go for tacoma or chevy.

Buy the 2.5L if you can find one for sale.
By unixfreak0037

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new in 2005.
It's 2012 and it still looks and runs like a brand new truck.
With these high gas prices, having a truck that can haul light loads and get 22/23 MPG is really nice.
Right now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And these are hard to find.
Used 2.5L manual shift XEs are rarely found for sale, probably because the owners recognize their value.

Took this 2WD truck on some dirt roads in Tennessee and had no problems at all.

Very good truck.

Good MPG, handling and reliability. Spray in bedliner is amazing. Great paint job (very few rust spots 7 years later in a temperate climate.)

Higher torque. Horsepower is OK but it needs more torque in 1st gear.

LEMon
By pissedoff9

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 06...it was an 05. It has cost me thousands of dollars since then with a number of problems. Fuel sending unit, 02 sencors , Starter,
Then ...the first time it needs to be smogged
because I;m in Ca. it is 1,970.00. Oh ya ...I had already replaced the radiator because it was leaking radiator fluid into the transmission. I did that myself for around 300.00. Now that I have had it smogged and can drive it to have the transmission checked...I find out the transmission needs to be rebuilt. $2,400 minimum. This thing has cost me almost 6,000 so far and barely has 100,000 miles on it.

The dealer and Nissan USA both gave me the bird on every issue. Nissan sux

nothing makes up for all the problems and poor fuel economy.

Nissan should be able to make a vehicle that will go at least 150.000 miles without major problems. Nissan should stand behind their vehicles and recall the problems instead of trying to do the minimum. Shame on Nissan USA.

LE 4WD
By zechs220

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have about 92k. I love this truck. I have owned it for 4 years. I beat the crap out of this truck. Smashed it twice, and i drive it like i stole it. Never had any problems till recently. Catalytic converter on Drivers side went out on it at 83K just out of emissions warranty. Nissan wanted $1200 i did it myself on the ground for about $250. Now if having some sort of vibration coming from the transmission, almost like the torque converter lockup is not engaging correctly. My Gibson Exhaust rusted through and i ended up puttin a banks exhaust on it. I bought it for the power, boy does this truck move. Ive raced with it and ive run it through the mud. Cant beat a Frontier.

4.0L V6, Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker system, great in the snow, the amount of room there is in the back seat, (im 5-7), the number of o-crap handles in the truck (at least 6), utilitrac system, double bin glove box, 8 cup holders, electrochromatic mirror w/ compass and garage door opener, Roof Rack.

An inch taller bed and 3 inches longer, sportier seats, taller mirriors like the titan, skid plate on all 4x4 models, larger underseat storage bin.