2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Tough little truck

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

XE-V6 Crew Cab Pickup (3.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

Tough little truck
By CL Owens on

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken this truck off road as much as city streets and highways. It has been a great vehicle with decent performance. Acceleration is a little lacking but towing is not a problem at all. Top speed is limited by Nissan at around 95-97 MPH. My truck is loaded with the limited slip differential, skid plates, power everything, cruise, running boards, roof rack (which will actually hold the rated 125 lbs it's rated for). My truck came from factory with P265/70R15 BFG all terrain tires and full size spare. GVWR as equipped is 5220 lbs. This vehicle is my daily commuter, toy, toy hauler, and work truck.

Favorite Features

Nissan has done an outstanding job in designing and engineering a great all around truck. My favorite features are the ground clearance (almost 10 inches stock), skid plates, instrumentation cluster, and handling. The BFG tires and matching spare are a definite plus over competitors.

Suggested Improvements

The 2004 3.5 Liter V6 Crew Cab Long Bed Frontier is a little lacking on initial acceleration. However this lack of take off doesn't seem to get any worse under load or towing though. While the instrumentation is designed well the overall appearance is dull on the interior.