2004 Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great Truck!

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

XE-V6 Crew Cab Pickup (3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

Great Truck!
By tbs04xev6 on

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in May 2008 to replace a 2000 Dodge Dakota. The truck drives well and can haul whatever I throw in the bed. The 4wd is flawless and works well when the snow flies. The truck has limited slip differentials, so I never get stuck. I have the long bed 4-door model, which is a bit difficult to park in tight situations, but the bigger bed is worth the trade off. The V-6 runs great and gets decent gas mileage for a truck this long. The automatic transmission is lazy on the downshifts, but runs fine. Wish it had a fifth gear for better fuel economy. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust on it, which helped freeway merging and mid- range power greatly.

Favorite Features

Long bed for hauling Handling/braking 4-doors for family hauling in a pinch Durability to abuse Good looks/features Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Bit more room in both front and back seats Transmission is typical "slushbox" Move HVAC controls below radio More power/economy