2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Best Buy for the $

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Review

Best Buy for the $
By bigityj on

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 XE-V6 Kingcab 4x4 Frontier has 22,350 miles on it now,and I've used it for hauling, towing,commuting, and 4-wheeling. It has yet to let me down. Gas mileage averages about 19.5 mpg with 31 inch tires and about 18.5 avg with stock 30" tires, which I am very happy with. Don't be supprised that this truck doesn't ride like a Caddy, or have the frills that come with a luxury vehicle. The Frontier is the old hardbody Nissan truck with a beefed up drivetrain and new visually appealing design. I have only been back to the dealer for 2 very minor problems. To date I have NO regrets & don't expect any either!

This truck has awesome torque through- out the rpm range. One great thing about this truck is that you can put 32" tires on the factory rims with no modifications, except removing the mud flaps.

Suggested Improvement include: engine compartment light, glove box light, put gas cap on drivers side, make Limited-Slip-Differential standard in all models, wish a standard toolbox would fit in the bed, but rear tire fender-wells are too close to the cab.