Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great for the price.
By Burt

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This small truck was exactly what I needed for a new sales job, inexpensive, small, some carring ability and good gas milage. I have been back to the dealer twice to fix a noise in rear when braking, problem still exists. Fun and semi peppy to drive, sporty feel. It should be faster for a 2400cc, 16 valve engine, Gas mileage was 22, I thought it should be better for a 4 cylinder mini truck, K&N air filter and Flowmaster exaust improved it by 10%.

Handling, fun to drive, Air and stereo work good. Like the looks.

Nissan engineers could have improved engine performance and MPG with a little efort.

not the best
By canam77

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Other than the non repairable alignment issues. And the bad welds on the frame it hasn't been that bad of a truck...

the 5 speed manual looks mean stock sound sytem not too bad

nissan needs to pay better attention to frame quality, the welds holding the leaf spring perches are separating, the crossmember for the torsion bars is not mounted on center so its pushing the drivers side front wheel out causing it to pull. im sure this is just my truck though...

The Final Frontier
By bemak1951

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this has been an excellent truck. My primary use is to carry clients to show real estate in the mountains of North Carolina. 4 wheel drive is a necessity in the winter and to get in and out of undeveloped areas. Has good visibility and is comfortable. Reliability has been excellent.

Exterior styling is very cool, OEM cd player has never missed a beat. Stock ground clearance is great as is shift on the fly 4 WD high range. Guages are easy to read and controls are in easy reach.

Cruise control won't hold an even speed. On flat highways it forces the tranny out of O/drive to hold a steady speed. Back seat needs another inch or two of space. OEM Goodrich Long Trail T/A tires are absolutely spooky to drive in the rain. Power steering could use more boost.

saved my life
By D Coyne

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck just in time I owned a little SUV and wanted something a little bigger in case of an accident. Well a few months after I purchased this truck I was rear ended on a freeway by a semi truck going they say 41-50 miles per hour I was at stop and this semi hit me and I hit 4 other cars. I walked out of it I do have a broken lower back and a really batter up body after the accident but it saved my life. The frame on the frontier is well built. My family and I really loved the truck. The only down fall about it is the gas mileage and could use a little more leg room in the back. The ride is like a truck and feels like you're driveing a big truck and has a nice feel to drive.

4 doors nice interior feels like a big truck and has a nice ride height to it.

could use a lager leg room for back seat and of course better fuel mileage.

Highly Recomended Truck
By Truck guy

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this a year ago great truck so far taken it off road, commuted, towed, and snow. Not disappointed yet I once slid into a ditch in the snow just put in reverse and 4wd low and came right out. No body damage extremely tough truck can be used and abused high reliability. Only things I don't like I knew about going in was going to buy a Tacoma but Toyota wouldn't negoiate price and had a sticker of 27k configured same as the Frontier got this brand new for 19k sticker was 25k.

Apperance, off road performance, overall quality

Wish back of king cab swung out, more power is always nice.