Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Excellent truck
By bigj6360

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this crew cab long bed recently and am very excited about this truck. So far I like everything about it with the exception of one aspect. The tilt. This truck has so many nice qualities like fit and finish, pure looks, and power. I think they were looking at a different target audience, however. I'm 6'1 and with the tilt all the way up, and the seat all the way down, it can still be a little cramped on the driver's side. But on that note it is something that you easily get use to. It is just different I guess. Overall... No compact truck beats this one in terms of overall package (Quality, power, functionality -LongBed-, towing, etc).

great long bed. Great looks. good power. Quality interior. Reliable. FREEZING AC!!! Blows hard!. Best bang for buck in my opinion.

A tilt that allows greater leg room. Wish crew doors opened wider.

cheap truck
By john's truck

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a cheap truck, both good and bad. Engine torque performance at start up and pulling grades was poor, especially with a load. Number 2 plug wire was against a metal bracket and shorting out intermitently for first 5000 miles, once repositioned, performance became marginal. Traction has been very poor when unloaded, until it resulted in a crash into a road bank at 15 mph and $5K of damage. Have now replaced the original 225/70 tires with 205/70 tires. So far that change has proven to be useful, wet and dry traction seems to have improved and the torque/gearing now is acceptable. The speedo/odometer, of course, is off now, as nissan offers no adjustment.

Cheap and new, good quality.

Nissan needs to address the torque/gearing/traction issues.I would expect more attention to be paid to these issues.

2004 Frontier XE 303L LB 4X4
By Steve

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 23 months, in rain, snow, mud, dust, you name it, it goes there. It's a solid truck and Ihave had ZERO repairs and ZERO Recalls. It hauls well, carries, and also looks good in Super Black.

Off-Road it has solid clearance and decent Power

Good Truck Revisted
By RichGil04

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

1st reviewed a year ago. I still love this truck. My wife bought an '05 Xterra. Very jealous of the new design. Considered new Frontier, but sticking w/the '04. Feature I would like most the rear door on extended cab for easier access. Golf clubs are hard to get in and out from behind back seat. Other than that, I've really enjoyed this truck. Good commuter vehicle and great for hauling whatever.

Well equipped for what I paid.

Rear door on extended cab, but they've addressed that.

Better than Ford
By J. Orf

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is a joy to drive. I previously had a Ford Ranger. It had a 4cyl engine and couldn't get out of it's own way. My Nissan however is almost as peppy as my 6cyl family sedan. I am very pleased with this vehicle and I haven't had a single problem with it. The Ranger was in the shop more times than I care to mention.

I like the CD audio system. I also like the EX extended cab feature.And I like the bed liner.

A 4cyl should get better mileage. I would also like to have cruise control on the 4cyl engine.