2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
As advertised
By jd1026jd on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I believe this compact truck is the best I have driven. Our vacation this summer consisted of 2900 miles, from flat lands to climbing Pikes Peak. Had wife and daughter and packed with camping gear. Plenty of power, gas mileage averaged 17.6 mpg, from cruising 75mph on interstates to mountain driving. Plenty of get-up and go. VERY smooth ride, quiet, no road noise. Solid built little truck. Have had many positive comments on style and performance of the truck. Plenty of room in long bed, even with a Tonneau top. AC was great.

My Ticket to Ride
By BangTango on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far the best truck investment that I've talked the wife into yet. This is the perfect truck for me and the family. I'm 6'3" and fit comfortably in the cab with a 5 year old behind me who also has room. Love the exterior of this truck even in the 2wd version it sits high like the 4wd on a good set of oversized tires. Bed extender is a must on the short bed. When equipped with the power package for the extra grand you get the all the things that matter and none of the junk that Toyota tries to pack in with it for extra $$. Just an all around great truck for th money spent.

Fun little truck
By DesertDawg on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a nissan fan for years, but if you are looking for more horsepower, hold off until 2005. If you want good fuel economy and need a truck, 2004 is the model year to get. Do research on edmunds and get a good price before you go to buy and do not be afraid to stand up for the value of your trade in.

Looked @ All The Trucks
By MyNewFrontier on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I looked @ & studied all the reviews, resell value, and of course price of every truck on the market. I spent 3 monthes before I made this purchase. This truck handles so good, plenty of power & not bad mpg. Most of my driving is city (17 mpg.) If you are looking @ these trucks, spend the xtra money for the automatic. 75 mph w/the auto is about 2600 rpms (3300 in the standard) In my opinion it is the best truck on the market.

love my truck!
By amy monroy on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

overall best truck i have had , had fords frm a dully to a 250, nothing compares to this truck!

I really like this truck
By JSU Chad on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this truck here in Metro Atlanta with the value truck package for under $12,000. It is reaaly fun to drive and a great looking truck. It was much cheaper than the competitors.

Nissan Frontier
By yeadan on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Disappointing fuel mileage. About 21 mpg. 4 cyl has low power for getaways.

Good Truck
By RichieGil04 on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

1st pickup. Power options, variable int. wipers, cruise, tinted windows, bed extender for $18K. That's a great value. Commuter car & weekend warrior. Use it to haul mulch, pallets of pavers, bring snow blower for service. 4WD a must with a truck in the snow. Fun to drive.

bad choice of wheels
By jmmosley on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The overall appearance of the truck would be greatly improved by adding aluminum or chrome wheels to make the paint really stand out.. Ride is hard needs softening up.

frontier
By loser on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

very reliable truck with good power.base model has all the features you would expect and then some. not quite enough leg room in the back seat for adults but plenty for children. much better ride than older model