Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Best Compact for Your Money!
By Darren

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the design of this truck. I compared it with the Toyota Tacoma before I bought it. This is definitely a better truck. The Tacoma looks too plain and a little too conservative for my taste. The interior design of the Frontier is the best in its class. Overall a great truck for a very reasonable price!

Favorite Features

My favorite features on the Frontier are the part-time 4-wheel drive sytem and the long bed. It's very easy to engage, shifts very smooth. I tested 4- wheel Low in foot-deep snow and it went through it without any hesitation. With the long bed, the wheel base is longer and so the ride is less choppy.

Suggested Improvements

My only minor complaint as with all trucks, is that the fuel mileage needs to be a little better.

Nice Truck
By DC

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This Frontier is a nice truck. The long bed is actually large enough to carry some cargo. Towing capacity is good. The crew-cab is very handy for carrying stuff or kids, a little tight for adults on a long trip. Rides and handles very well for a truck. The crew cab and long bed makes it a nice compromise between a compact and full size truck. Fuel economy has become more important lately: my Frontier gets about twice the mpg of my friend's Chevy full-size, and about 6 more mpg than another friend's Toyota 4-cyl 5- speed Tacoma!

Favorite Features

The styling really caught my eye. The back seat with regular doors is very nice. Quality is first rate (I've owned Nissan cars before, quality has been great). All 4 windows lower all the way down. Fuel economy is good for a 4WD truck.

Suggested Improvements

Rear doors could swing open a little wider. That's about it... like I said, its a nice truck.

Good truck
By tvs

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a while at smaller 4dr trucks. I liked the toyotas but I could not find any in my area. A friend said he was looking at the Frontier. I took a look and loved it. It could be a little faster but I did trade an 02 Mustang GT for it so that may be why I think it is a little slow. Love the 6 disc cd player and the styling of the truck. Towing capacity was also a big plus since we were buying a boat. I have two little ones and you do have to move the front seats up a bit so the car seats fit but I have also fit 5 adults in it for an hour and a half with no complaints.

Favorite Features

4dr, long box, towing capacity

Suggested Improvements

few more ponies and a little bigger back seat

Frontier
By D. Smith

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Seat design and height reduces driver confort.

Favorite Features

Looks and off road handeling

Suggested Improvements

More hear room

Frontier Foe
By JML

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Frontier burns way too much gas. The gas milage is very poor. I suggest you tak this into account before buying this truck. The gas alone equals my car note every month. Also the ride is very rough and the BF Godrich tires that come stock on the truck wear prematurely and they cost 150.00 each to replace.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

improve the gas mileage