Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

it's a truck!
By a truck guy

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Nissan Frontier may not be a handsome truck but it does the job and at the right price. I would have preferred it to have a larger engine and more leg room in the rear, however I knew what I was buying so if I want to gripe about something it should be my thin wallet. This truck's best feature is its functional long bed.

The long bed.

This truck has too much plastic, from the frontend to the dash! The tachometer is hard to read when the sun is in front and sunglasses are worn.

Exactly as expected.
By Tsunami

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd nissan pick-up. Had last one for 8 years with no major problems. The bench seat was wearing me out before I could wear the truck out. I love this truck and it is much improved over my older 96. The four wheel drive goes terrific in the snow up here in New England! I'm 5'8" and have plenty of room in the truck, I think though that a large person might be cramped. A friend of mine was looking at a Dodge, I steered him towards the Nissan and he loves his truck as well. I fully expect to drive this truck for atleast 10 to 15 years.

Bucket seats with lumbar support. four wheel drive 6 foot bed

longer mud flaps a mud guard/shield inboard of the step rails. My wife's 96 pathfinder has them. They go along way towards keeping the truck clean an step rail clear of road salt and ice. Better gas mileage.

what a truck
By grey go`

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I TOOK IT FROM THE DEALER TO MY HOUSE. AFTER BUYING IT,I HAD TO PULL OVER AND GET OUT.JUST TO LOOK AT IT MAN WHAT A TRUCK.IT DRIVE GOOD LOOKS GREAT AND ITS MINE.LOVE THE OUTSIDE -LIKE THE INSIDE.

THE OUTSIDE OF THE TRUCK IS THE BEST LOOKING TRUCK I HAVE EVER SEEN.I LIKE THE LONG WHEEL BASE.I CAN PUT ANY THING BACK THERE I WHAT TO.

WOULD LIKE TO MOVE MY S-WHEEL AND BIGGER CUP HOLDERS.

Best Compact for Your Money!
By Darren

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the design of this truck. I compared it with the Toyota Tacoma before I bought it. This is definitely a better truck. The Tacoma looks too plain and a little too conservative for my taste. The interior design of the Frontier is the best in its class. Overall a great truck for a very reasonable price!

My favorite features on the Frontier are the part-time 4-wheel drive sytem and the long bed. It's very easy to engage, shifts very smooth. I tested 4- wheel Low in foot-deep snow and it went through it without any hesitation. With the long bed, the wheel base is longer and so the ride is less choppy.

My only minor complaint as with all trucks, is that the fuel mileage needs to be a little better.

Nice Truck
By DC

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This Frontier is a nice truck. The long bed is actually large enough to carry some cargo. Towing capacity is good. The crew-cab is very handy for carrying stuff or kids, a little tight for adults on a long trip. Rides and handles very well for a truck. The crew cab and long bed makes it a nice compromise between a compact and full size truck. Fuel economy has become more important lately: my Frontier gets about twice the mpg of my friend's Chevy full-size, and about 6 more mpg than another friend's Toyota 4-cyl 5- speed Tacoma!

The styling really caught my eye. The back seat with regular doors is very nice. Quality is first rate (I've owned Nissan cars before, quality has been great). All 4 windows lower all the way down. Fuel economy is good for a 4WD truck.

Rear doors could swing open a little wider. That's about it... like I said, its a nice truck.

• SUV