2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
what a truck
By grey go` on 12/16/04 23:40 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I TOOK IT FROM THE DEALER TO MY HOUSE. AFTER BUYING IT,I HAD TO PULL OVER AND GET OUT.JUST TO LOOK AT IT MAN WHAT A TRUCK.IT DRIVE GOOD LOOKS GREAT AND ITS MINE.LOVE THE OUTSIDE -LIKE THE INSIDE.

Best Compact for Your Money!
By Darren on 12/13/04 15:30 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the design of this truck. I compared it with the Toyota Tacoma before I bought it. This is definitely a better truck. The Tacoma looks too plain and a little too conservative for my taste. The interior design of the Frontier is the best in its class. Overall a great truck for a very reasonable price!

Nice Truck
By DC on 12/09/04 17:06 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This Frontier is a nice truck. The long bed is actually large enough to carry some cargo. Towing capacity is good. The crew-cab is very handy for carrying stuff or kids, a little tight for adults on a long trip. Rides and handles very well for a truck. The crew cab and long bed makes it a nice compromise between a compact and full size truck. Fuel economy has become more important lately: my Frontier gets about twice the mpg of my friend's Chevy full-size, and about 6 more mpg than another friend's Toyota 4-cyl 5- speed Tacoma!

Good truck
By tvs on 11/14/04 01:17 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a while at smaller 4dr trucks. I liked the toyotas but I could not find any in my area. A friend said he was looking at the Frontier. I took a look and loved it. It could be a little faster but I did trade an 02 Mustang GT for it so that may be why I think it is a little slow. Love the 6 disc cd player and the styling of the truck. Towing capacity was also a big plus since we were buying a boat. I have two little ones and you do have to move the front seats up a bit so the car seats fit but I have also fit 5 adults in it for an hour and a half with no complaints.

Great, Fun, Compact truck.
By bqd on 11/12/04 01:22 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the basic 4-cylinder king cab XE. It's fun to drive and the creature comforts are pretty decent. Although the interior design and material have a cheap plastic feel to them, espcecially the knobs for the AC/Heater. Great truck for the price. The four cyclinder version is a little weak and takes awhile to get to highway speeds.

Underpowered
By Very Disappointed on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new Frontier in May 2004 & I just got rid of it for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner d-cab,4 cylinder because it is more responsive & has much better fuel economy. I was so disappointed in the Nissan's poor performance, I took the loss & bought a much better truck.

Frontier
By D. Smith on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Seat design and height reduces driver confort.

Great truck for the money!!!
By Baba! on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a small pickup, no need, just greed! you know to haul stuff (It's a guy thing, women don't get it) Just picked it up today for $13,100 with value package, from Girard, New London, CT. PW/PDL,keyless entry, ABS, rear sliding Bedliner, Extender, A/C 5 spd Silver, Exactly want I wanted no less, no more! $13K is a bargain! Toyota, Ford etc don't even come close. Two thumbs up!

Frontier is a great value
By ELannan on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Frontier base model is an excellent value. The four cylinder is perky, the gas milage is excellent for a truck, and the styling is in a class of its own. It's much cheaper to buy that a Colorado, for example, and has a proven engine that has a reputation for durability. I've only owned it for a few months, but I have been very pleased with its overall quality. It's not a truck for everyone, but for my basic camping and around the house needs, it is great.

Frontier Foe
By JML on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Frontier burns way too much gas. The gas milage is very poor. I suggest you tak this into account before buying this truck. The gas alone equals my car note every month. Also the ride is very rough and the BF Godrich tires that come stock on the truck wear prematurely and they cost 150.00 each to replace.