2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Excellent truck
By bigj6360 on 01/30/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this crew cab long bed recently and am very excited about this truck. So far I like everything about it with the exception of one aspect. The tilt. This truck has so many nice qualities like fit and finish, pure looks, and power. I think they were looking at a different target audience, however. I'm 6'1 and with the tilt all the way up, and the seat all the way down, it can still be a little cramped on the driver's side. But on that note it is something that you easily get use to. It is just different I guess. Overall... No compact truck beats this one in terms of overall package (Quality, power, functionality -LongBed-, towing, etc).

cheap truck
By john's truck on 01/25/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a cheap truck, both good and bad. Engine torque performance at start up and pulling grades was poor, especially with a load. Number 2 plug wire was against a metal bracket and shorting out intermitently for first 5000 miles, once repositioned, performance became marginal. Traction has been very poor when unloaded, until it resulted in a crash into a road bank at 15 mph and $5K of damage. Have now replaced the original 225/70 tires with 205/70 tires. So far that change has proven to be useful, wet and dry traction seems to have improved and the torque/gearing now is acceptable. The speedo/odometer, of course, is off now, as nissan offers no adjustment.

2004 Frontier XE 303L LB 4X4
By Steve on 10/05/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 23 months, in rain, snow, mud, dust, you name it, it goes there. It's a solid truck and Ihave had ZERO repairs and ZERO Recalls. It hauls well, carries, and also looks good in Super Black.

Good Truck Revisted
By RichGil04 on 09/16/05 23:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

1st reviewed a year ago. I still love this truck. My wife bought an '05 Xterra. Very jealous of the new design. Considered new Frontier, but sticking w/the '04. Feature I would like most the rear door on extended cab for easier access. Golf clubs are hard to get in and out from behind back seat. Other than that, I've really enjoyed this truck. Good commuter vehicle and great for hauling whatever.

Better than Ford
By J. Orf on 08/18/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is a joy to drive. I previously had a Ford Ranger. It had a 4cyl engine and couldn't get out of it's own way. My Nissan however is almost as peppy as my 6cyl family sedan. I am very pleased with this vehicle and I haven't had a single problem with it. The Ranger was in the shop more times than I care to mention.

fun to drive
By win on 08/12/05 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i test drove all the others dealers and i could not find one truck i like driving and all the nissan trucks as well. i all most walk out of the dealer and went home, but i walk the last dealer and found this little compact truck o4 and test drove it and i loved to drive it. it drove like a car. it has nice looks, the bed is just wright for me small, it handles just like a nissan, breaking is fast, it could be a little faster at low speeds, but when you are at 60 and above i found out that this little truck will get up and go (looking down 85mph), and having the ac on in the summer and high 90's i get better gas 325 miles to the tank not bad for 16 gals.

Tony's Truck
By Tony on 06/29/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love the sporty looks of the truck. I believe the back seat needs some adjustments to accomodate more leg room and less seat room. The truck as a whole is awesome. At first I thought with a long bed I would not need a bed- extender to put my bike in the back. After having to leave the tailgate down to accomodate it, I figure that it would have been a good investment.

Dont buy brand new
By ths916m3 on 05/28/05 01:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is overall a great compromise of practicality and fun. The S/C is good, and pulls very well when needed, could easily burn the rear tires if you wanted. Gets attention around town with its aggressive appearance and good looks, even though its mainly cosmetic. Long bed is just what it is, but on a crew cab its that much better. Space is tight for 4 6+ footers, but if you want space buy a Titan. Performance, fuel economy, and comfort can be remedied with some aftermarket items. In conclusion, if you want a great truck to go off roading with the wife and 3 kids with your motorcycle in the bed, this is the truck for you.

It's ok but.....
By mike on 05/18/05 21:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this pick-up for 9 months now, and it is ok. The ride is the biggest disappointment. The truck has a vibration when driving 40+, had at the dealership twice. They rebalanced the tires both times, but truck still has vibration. It also has numerous little rattles in the cab. On the positive side, you get a lot of options and a nice looking truck for a lot less than other models.

Not bad for the price.
By KofPguy on 05/09/05 23:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall it's a decent truck but have been questioning its durability from day one. The drivetrain is clunky and loose and when in 2WD the gearbox has an annoying rattle which the dealer says is "normal for these trucks." The lack of true power would make one expect better gas mileage but both power and gas milegae suck. It does look great and I have enjoyed taking it off-road. And it came at a great price. However, my final thought on this truck after owning it a few months is, "You get what you pay for."