Used 2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

great truck
By jeramy

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for a year and a half. I looked at the other midsized trucks and could not find a better deal. bought for 19k compaired to 26 or 27 for the others. I have driven in all conditions such as 4 feet of snow, dry roads, and some light off road. Never had a problem with the truck getting me where I want to go. I would buy again if I had the chance.

Price. The biggest bang for the buck.

The only issue that I have is the squeaks in the suspension. It has no bearing on the handling just agravating.

Great for the price.
By Burt

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This small truck was exactly what I needed for a new sales job, inexpensive, small, some carring ability and good gas milage. I have been back to the dealer twice to fix a noise in rear when braking, problem still exists. Fun and semi peppy to drive, sporty feel. It should be faster for a 2400cc, 16 valve engine, Gas mileage was 22, I thought it should be better for a 4 cylinder mini truck, K&N air filter and Flowmaster exaust improved it by 10%.

Handling, fun to drive, Air and stereo work good. Like the looks.

Nissan engineers could have improved engine performance and MPG with a little efort.

Highly Recomended Truck
By Truck guy

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this a year ago great truck so far taken it off road, commuted, towed, and snow. Not disappointed yet I once slid into a ditch in the snow just put in reverse and 4wd low and came right out. No body damage extremely tough truck can be used and abused high reliability. Only things I don't like I knew about going in was going to buy a Tacoma but Toyota wouldn't negoiate price and had a sticker of 27k configured same as the Frontier got this brand new for 19k sticker was 25k.

Apperance, off road performance, overall quality

Wish back of king cab swung out, more power is always nice.

cheap truck
By john's truck

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a cheap truck, both good and bad. Engine torque performance at start up and pulling grades was poor, especially with a load. Number 2 plug wire was against a metal bracket and shorting out intermitently for first 5000 miles, once repositioned, performance became marginal. Traction has been very poor when unloaded, until it resulted in a crash into a road bank at 15 mph and $5K of damage. Have now replaced the original 225/70 tires with 205/70 tires. So far that change has proven to be useful, wet and dry traction seems to have improved and the torque/gearing now is acceptable. The speedo/odometer, of course, is off now, as nissan offers no adjustment.

Cheap and new, good quality.

Nissan needs to address the torque/gearing/traction issues.I would expect more attention to be paid to these issues.

Good Truck Revisted
By RichGil04

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

1st reviewed a year ago. I still love this truck. My wife bought an '05 Xterra. Very jealous of the new design. Considered new Frontier, but sticking w/the '04. Feature I would like most the rear door on extended cab for easier access. Golf clubs are hard to get in and out from behind back seat. Other than that, I've really enjoyed this truck. Good commuter vehicle and great for hauling whatever.

Well equipped for what I paid.

Rear door on extended cab, but they've addressed that.