2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great little truck,
By Dave on 03/28/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had the truck for about 3 months now, with alittle over 2000 miles. Truck has been great, no problems. Have the 4 cylinder, starting to get better gas mileage. Wasn't good to start with, but now getting around 26 in the city. I haven't had it on the highway since it was new so that mileage on the highway is probably better. Picked up a good deal at the end of the year with the rebates.

Frontier on the Edge
By wcoward on 02/15/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The truck is the hardest working small truck on the market. The interior is laid out so that everything is in reach of your fingers. It's 4-cylinder motor is powerful enough to pull anything you want, except a house, a 30 ft boat, a travel trailer, or a horse trailer. If you needed to pull those things, you should have gotten the Titan. I work at a grocery store. I use my truck to pull trailers full of buggies, pallets of product, or anything we need to. One of my customers has a 97 Nissan pickup. He hauls about 200 cases of cold drinks in it, and it hasn't missed a beat. He's got 270,000 miles on that truck.

Not worth the money
By jk on 01/26/05 21:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst truck I have ever owned the gas mileage is really bad 8 miles to the gallon I have had it in the shop 10 times for leaks transmission trouble power window trouble and engine trouble

01 here's a review with miles
By firstacsent on 01/03/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Allright, so I've put 79,000 miles on my truck in less then three years. My driving includes a little of everything, city, highway, even some off road. But to be honest it's handled it pretty well. Recently though I did start having some issues, 1st: the taigate handle started to break and mad useing it very diffucult, but it was a easy $50 fix 2nd: Drivers side window knob broke, **** happens... BIG PROBLEMS- 4th: Throw-out bearing has worn, new clutch- $500+ 5th: Service engine litgh came on- O2 sensors need to be replaced first, possible the cat convertor. Still in the end I've treated this truck poorly so in the end these problems could be expected.

I made a mistake in getting this vehicle
By trojo69 on 12/31/04 18:12 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has no power, and the gas mileage is terrible. There is not much room at all inside. The hauling capacity is mnot that bad for a small truck, but if I have to haul alot of weight up a small incline I am in trouble.

bad to the bone
By pete on 12/19/04 10:12 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this small truck handles like a car yet has the carrying capabilities of some of its larger competitors.it is a very smooth ride,love the drive train!!!

Great, Fun, Compact truck.
By bqd on 11/12/04 01:22 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the basic 4-cylinder king cab XE. It's fun to drive and the creature comforts are pretty decent. Although the interior design and material have a cheap plastic feel to them, espcecially the knobs for the AC/Heater. Great truck for the price. The four cyclinder version is a little weak and takes awhile to get to highway speeds.

Underpowered
By Very Disappointed on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new Frontier in May 2004 & I just got rid of it for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner d-cab,4 cylinder because it is more responsive & has much better fuel economy. I was so disappointed in the Nissan's poor performance, I took the loss & bought a much better truck.

Great truck for the money!!!
By Baba! on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a small pickup, no need, just greed! you know to haul stuff (It's a guy thing, women don't get it) Just picked it up today for $13,100 with value package, from Girard, New London, CT. PW/PDL,keyless entry, ABS, rear sliding Bedliner, Extender, A/C 5 spd Silver, Exactly want I wanted no less, no more! $13K is a bargain! Toyota, Ford etc don't even come close. Two thumbs up!

Frontier is a great value
By ELannan on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Frontier base model is an excellent value. The four cylinder is perky, the gas milage is excellent for a truck, and the styling is in a class of its own. It's much cheaper to buy that a Colorado, for example, and has a proven engine that has a reputation for durability. I've only owned it for a few months, but I have been very pleased with its overall quality. It's not a truck for everyone, but for my basic camping and around the house needs, it is great.