Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My nissan
By jash1178

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great truck I have tested it in every kind of situation including harsh thick mud offroad and its like a tank. Great truck.

Favorite Features

CD player, 4WD, sporty look

Suggested Improvements

more foot room in back seat

Great Truck!
By tbs04xev6

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in May 2008 to replace a 2000 Dodge Dakota. The truck drives well and can haul whatever I throw in the bed. The 4wd is flawless and works well when the snow flies. The truck has limited slip differentials, so I never get stuck. I have the long bed 4-door model, which is a bit difficult to park in tight situations, but the bigger bed is worth the trade off. The V-6 runs great and gets decent gas mileage for a truck this long. The automatic transmission is lazy on the downshifts, but runs fine. Wish it had a fifth gear for better fuel economy. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust on it, which helped freeway merging and mid- range power greatly.

Favorite Features

Long bed for hauling Handling/braking 4-doors for family hauling in a pinch Durability to abuse Good looks/features Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Bit more room in both front and back seats Transmission is typical "slushbox" Move HVAC controls below radio More power/economy

Very satisfied owner
By John

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am about to hit 100k miles today (XE V6, 4WD, Crew Cab, 5 speed). Haven't had a problem yet and I've worked it hard. There aren't even any rattles in the interior. It'll tow an 18' boat, haul a yard of stone, plow snow, and commute to work. The ride, handling, and build quality are much better than my previous truck, a Toyota Tacoma. As far as mileage, I have seen 21mpg when driving with a light touch on the highway, but it's mostly 18-20mpg. It's certaintly no worse than any other compact pickup on the market. I did install a Magnaflow exhaust and K&N filtercharger, which helped with throttle response. Overall, I couldn't really ask for more from a truck.

Favorite Features

Utility, reliability, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

A little room in the back seat area would be appreciated.

SUPER TRUCK
By MEL PARAS

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The truck runs very well. Great Power and comfort , it has been reliable and very fun to drive! I love the fender flares and the Front bars, side bars and luggage rack , makes truck look and feel rugged. I'm a very Proud owner of my first Nissan Truck. I love my purchase and recommend this truck to anyone looking for style comfort and reliable truck that has kept me happy the past 5 years of ownership. I've only had oil changes and a new air /gas filter installed the past 5 years of ownership.

Favorite Features

Rockford fosgate stereo system, better insulation interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg, larger rearseat space, navigation system

GREAT LOOKING,BUILT & DRIVE LIKE A TRUCK
By Joe Zee

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Was disappointed by performance on highway, like an old lady, minus pep pills, but slow and sure, will not suggest a speedster to own this auto, built like a truck and drive like a tank, using as much gas to reach a destination,

Favorite Features

Impressive interior as a truck should be

Suggested Improvements

see how engine can be enhanced to get the speed ,while driving on highway