Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2004 Nissan Frontier XE Crew cab SWB
By Fabian

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck which had 37,000 miles. Rides a little harsh with off road tires but handles well and looks great. Interior is great, all instruments laid out well. Added a K&N air filter for improved fuel economy. Tows a 6x12 cargo trailer with my 4 wheeler fairly well. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. looking forward to many years with it!

Exterior is awesome with BF Goodrich off road tires. feels very sturdy. i recommend this truck to anyone looking for a compact truck for light duty.

Dependable Nissan Frontier
By Marky Mark

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I first saw this truck. The body shape was very unique especially the front end kinda liked the look. When I test drove it the engine sounded very quite. The price was in my range. I didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Powerwise acceleration is pretty weak, But as long as it get me to point A to point B its all good. Shifting is not too smooth, a bit jerky with the clutch. I had to really go easy with the clutch when releasing it back. The ride was too bumpy on streets and highways where I live. Gas mileage pretty good can't complain. I'm a light truck user when hauling and going camping. Having a truck is a must. Overall very dependable and reliable truck. Mostly I got it at a good deal!

Inside the interior black and dark gray, dash instruments easy to read. Front end shape. Color (Pewter). Fenders would flare out with the same color. Key to lock tail gate. Compartments to put things on the 2 front doors.

*Beef up the engine (done) *More room in the crew cab ? *Put coil springs on front suspension (done) *alloy rims for more options (done) *front dash should be flat somewhat.

Third world country vehicle
By deneng

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When i saw this vehicle in the philippines i said to myself if this ever comes to the states i gotta get me one. When it came i said ok i paid the 14500 asking price and drove it off the lot. Has 89000 and the timing belt replaced. Gas milage 10 to 25 mpg. 10 miles with 4500# boat and 25 when driving like a green freak. Still with original clutch. It's hard to decide if this or my integra are better vehicles. Both are far better then expected.

The surprise i got when i pulled a 4200# boat out of the water on a wet ramp. I don't have 4 wheel drive.

I can't think of one..

My nissan
By jash1178

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great truck I have tested it in every kind of situation including harsh thick mud offroad and its like a tank. Great truck.

CD player, 4WD, sporty look

more foot room in back seat

Great Truck!
By tbs04xev6

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in May 2008 to replace a 2000 Dodge Dakota. The truck drives well and can haul whatever I throw in the bed. The 4wd is flawless and works well when the snow flies. The truck has limited slip differentials, so I never get stuck. I have the long bed 4-door model, which is a bit difficult to park in tight situations, but the bigger bed is worth the trade off. The V-6 runs great and gets decent gas mileage for a truck this long. The automatic transmission is lazy on the downshifts, but runs fine. Wish it had a fifth gear for better fuel economy. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust on it, which helped freeway merging and mid- range power greatly.

Long bed for hauling Handling/braking 4-doors for family hauling in a pinch Durability to abuse Good looks/features Reliability

Bit more room in both front and back seats Transmission is typical "slushbox" Move HVAC controls below radio More power/economy