2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Truck
By Bruce on 09/29/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have driven this little truck for 98000 miles with no problems. One set of tires and windshield wipers. Nothing else. Great in the sand at the beach. Has some issues puling and seems to be a little gutless on hills or with a big load and gets about 19 miles to the gallon. Not great but this little truck is as dependable as they get. I even push a little snow in the winter.

Tough little truck
By CL Owens on 08/01/06 21:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken this truck off road as much as city streets and highways. It has been a great vehicle with decent performance. Acceleration is a little lacking but towing is not a problem at all. Top speed is limited by Nissan at around 95-97 MPH. My truck is loaded with the limited slip differential, skid plates, power everything, cruise, running boards, roof rack (which will actually hold the rated 125 lbs it's rated for). My truck came from factory with P265/70R15 BFG all terrain tires and full size spare. GVWR as equipped is 5220 lbs. This vehicle is my daily commuter, toy, toy hauler, and work truck.

not so good
By Brian on 07/18/06 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

If you like good looks, reasonably good fit and finish and a truck that starts every morning, then buy this truck. If you crave power and you don't like to deal with things like fixing brakes at 8,000 miles or replacing a good number of suspension components at 24,000 miles when you've never even taken it off road or outside the city limits of Saint Louis, then DO NOT buy this truck. The gas mileage is HIDEOUS considering the type of vehicle. Its not a full size truck yet gets the mpg of my 2001 F150 4x4 crewcab Lariat. Window sticker says 16/20. Right...more like 13/16. Also, the suspension creaks and the cruise won't hold on the slightest incline. Just too many annoying problems.

Black Betty
By Damon on 06/18/06 07:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Nissan and my 2nd Pick up. This build quality is very tight, no squeaks. The gearing is nice for cruising and commuting. A very versatile truck for a dad with a 7 year old boy, an active wife, and 2 big dogs that all love to camp and explore the great state of Texas.

not the best
By canam77 on 05/13/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Other than the non repairable alignment issues. And the bad welds on the frame it hasn't been that bad of a truck...

The Final Frontier
By bemak1951 on 04/17/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this has been an excellent truck. My primary use is to carry clients to show real estate in the mountains of North Carolina. 4 wheel drive is a necessity in the winter and to get in and out of undeveloped areas. Has good visibility and is comfortable. Reliability has been excellent.

saved my life
By D Coyne on 04/11/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck just in time I owned a little SUV and wanted something a little bigger in case of an accident. Well a few months after I purchased this truck I was rear ended on a freeway by a semi truck going they say 41-50 miles per hour I was at stop and this semi hit me and I hit 4 other cars. I walked out of it I do have a broken lower back and a really batter up body after the accident but it saved my life. The frame on the frontier is well built. My family and I really loved the truck. The only down fall about it is the gas mileage and could use a little more leg room in the back. The ride is like a truck and feels like you're driveing a big truck and has a nice feel to drive.

Excellent truck
By bigj6360 on 01/30/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this crew cab long bed recently and am very excited about this truck. So far I like everything about it with the exception of one aspect. The tilt. This truck has so many nice qualities like fit and finish, pure looks, and power. I think they were looking at a different target audience, however. I'm 6'1 and with the tilt all the way up, and the seat all the way down, it can still be a little cramped on the driver's side. But on that note it is something that you easily get use to. It is just different I guess. Overall... No compact truck beats this one in terms of overall package (Quality, power, functionality -LongBed-, towing, etc).

2004 Frontier XE 303L LB 4X4
By Steve on 10/05/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 23 months, in rain, snow, mud, dust, you name it, it goes there. It's a solid truck and Ihave had ZERO repairs and ZERO Recalls. It hauls well, carries, and also looks good in Super Black.

fun to drive
By win on 08/12/05 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i test drove all the others dealers and i could not find one truck i like driving and all the nissan trucks as well. i all most walk out of the dealer and went home, but i walk the last dealer and found this little compact truck o4 and test drove it and i loved to drive it. it drove like a car. it has nice looks, the bed is just wright for me small, it handles just like a nissan, breaking is fast, it could be a little faster at low speeds, but when you are at 60 and above i found out that this little truck will get up and go (looking down 85mph), and having the ac on in the summer and high 90's i get better gas 325 miles to the tank not bad for 16 gals.