2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
The Good, Bad and Ugly
By JonR on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2nd Nissan Pickup-last was a '98- great-this one not quite as good. This one had good ride, dependability, great mileage. Owned 6 years, 42,000 miles- same tires mileage between 25 and 28 normal, and on trip to Yellowstone, 32+ amazing! Range 290- 330 miles 'cause gas gauge design always made truck look like it was running out! Full was 9 O'clock, 1/2 was 7 pm and empty was 6 PM. Very bad on confidence. Overall, truck performed ok but emission controls choked what could have been more horsepower. Problems were, Steering wheel squeaked from new, Oxy sensor failed, Parking brake cable fell off mount, Horn quit in snowy winter, rattle in headliner. All in all a good truck but some small issues

Good Truck, Super Reliable
By norcalboon on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2004 for 17700. 95K miles and no problems. Replaced OEM tires at 55K with same (BFG's) and battery died in 2008, replaced front brake pads around 60K. No other problems, just oil changes. 18-20MPG consistently. Wanted something I could keep for a few years with little to no issue and this has been great. Definitely a 'truck' ride, especially on bumpy roads and interior starting to feel small, but overall it's been a fantastic truck, never let me down.

Old Cricket
By Mr.Courier on 05/27/10 23:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I do courier work in South Florida and put around 50,000 miles a year.The reason I named it Cricket is because since I bought it has a cricket noise on the front end , the only thing wrong from new.Cricket now has 238,000 miles and so far the only thing wrong was the battery once and the alternator once. If you are looking for quality this is it none better. Make sure you change the oil every 3000 miles and these babies are really INDESTRUCTIBLE

A fun little truck
By willy on 02/08/10 15:11 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A neat small truck with great mileage and pretty good performance even with the small engine. It has been trouble free and is really fun to drive.

Such a Great Truck
By 04xev6 on 06/17/09 08:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 5 years now and i love it. Never gave me any problems and i have done very little maintenance to it in 53,000 miles. The cab space could be a little better and engine performance can be upped a little but i have a K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust to help a bit. It does make rattling and squeaky noises but this is a frontier not a bently. All and all this is a great little truck, i would however like to test drive one of the newer ones with the more powerful engines, one of them could very well be my next truck.

Will not buy another Frontier
By Scot on 01/06/09 09:27 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is very slow. I know it is a 4 cyl, but it has this habit of shifting into the highest gear when I need it the least (going uphill and accelerating). When I need to accelerate, I have to either press the pedal 1/2 way down to shift, or push the Over Drive button on the shift lever. Speaking of which, you can't shift into a lower gear if you have something plugged into the cigarette lighter. The shift lever is in the way. Also, the plastic plug to the cigarette lighter is always falling out. DO NOT DRIVE this truck in the snow. It will not make it up even the slightest of grades. Even with XL tires, the back end is very light and slips everywhere. Don't buy this death trap.

Solid Reliable and a great value
By k374 on 12/29/07 15:07 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my '04 for 4 years now. Just got done with a 1500 mile trip to Lake Tahoe and not a single problem, fuel economy average was 26.95 mpg!!! It's true that it lacks power but just use the lower gears and you will be just fine! I have towed 2000 lbs regularly without issues. As far as reliability goes, it is GOLD, I haven't had a single problem so far. In the last 4 years and 55,000 miles I only had a flat tire once!! For the money you can't get anything better in the entry level compact truck segment.

Tapioca
By ssj on 07/03/07 05:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Frontier for over 8 months now, and I am selling it today. Any major problems? No, just a coolant leak. Maybe I am too young and immature yet, but the truck, while not bad in any particular way, is just not what I was looking for. I would keep it if perhaps if I needed a truck and wasn't using it as a daily driver.

Great Value, Quality & Reliable
By Keith on 02/23/07 06:04 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

You cannot go wrong with this truck or really any Nissan. Good quality and no issues to report. Great acceleration and power for size of engine and vehicle. Own the 5 speed and had cruise installed at dealer when purchased new.

Efficient, Great Truck
By JK on 02/09/07 05:21 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned truck since new for over two years now. Very dependable, not issues to report at this point. Gas mileage is around 27 in the city and around 30 on the highway (5 speed manual). Doesn't feel like a 4 cylinder. Pulled a 2000lb trailer with plenty of power still.

1 2 3 4 5 next »