2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Dependable Nissan Frontier
By Marky Mark on 04/11/10 00:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I first saw this truck. The body shape was very unique especially the front end kinda liked the look. When I test drove it the engine sounded very quite. The price was in my range. I didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Powerwise acceleration is pretty weak, But as long as it get me to point A to point B its all good. Shifting is not too smooth, a bit jerky with the clutch. I had to really go easy with the clutch when releasing it back. The ride was too bumpy on streets and highways where I live. Gas mileage pretty good can't complain. I'm a light truck user when hauling and going camping. Having a truck is a must. Overall very dependable and reliable truck. Mostly I got it at a good deal!

Third world country vehicle
By deneng on 03/12/10 15:15 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When i saw this vehicle in the philippines i said to myself if this ever comes to the states i gotta get me one. When it came i said ok i paid the 14500 asking price and drove it off the lot. Has 89000 and the timing belt replaced. Gas milage 10 to 25 mpg. 10 miles with 4500# boat and 25 when driving like a green freak. Still with original clutch. It's hard to decide if this or my integra are better vehicles. Both are far better then expected.

Black Betty
By Damon on 06/18/06 07:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Nissan and my 2nd Pick up. This build quality is very tight, no squeaks. The gearing is nice for cruising and commuting. A very versatile truck for a dad with a 7 year old boy, an active wife, and 2 big dogs that all love to camp and explore the great state of Texas.

fun to drive
By win on 08/12/05 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i test drove all the others dealers and i could not find one truck i like driving and all the nissan trucks as well. i all most walk out of the dealer and went home, but i walk the last dealer and found this little compact truck o4 and test drove it and i loved to drive it. it drove like a car. it has nice looks, the bed is just wright for me small, it handles just like a nissan, breaking is fast, it could be a little faster at low speeds, but when you are at 60 and above i found out that this little truck will get up and go (looking down 85mph), and having the ac on in the summer and high 90's i get better gas 325 miles to the tank not bad for 16 gals.

love my truck!
By amy monroy on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

overall best truck i have had , had fords frm a dully to a 250, nothing compares to this truck!

bad choice of wheels
By jmmosley on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The overall appearance of the truck would be greatly improved by adding aluminum or chrome wheels to make the paint really stand out.. Ride is hard needs softening up.

NISSAN FRONTIER ROCKS!!
By GREG A on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Three car seats fit in the back seat and the akita fits in the bed. The optional bed extender is a must for large cargo loads. This is the perfect vehicle for a family guy who needs a truck.

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
By okstatecwby on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab at a Dealer in Tulsa,OK. I went from a Silverado Ext Cab to this smaller truck. At first I wasn't sure if I could adjust to the size but with the options available on the truck I purchased I was amazed! I thought I would want a automatic which I was accustomed to but when I got the manual it was even better. I enjoy the Frontier because it is very comfortable, sporty, great gas mileage, and makes a great work truck. Even for a commute of 45 mins or more to work the Frontier gets the job done.