2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2004 Frontier
By wadelington on 11/23/12 19:28 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this truck for about five years. The best truck I ever had. Looks good and is a conversation piece.

Almost 8 years and over 75k miles
By darmonx on 08/05/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd keep one vehicle for more than four years. Still driving it after almost eight years and still loving it. Just added k&n air filter and upgraded to a magnaflow exhaust which made a significant difference on the daily driving experience (wish I've done that sooner). Getting 17mpg right now with mixed hwy/city driving. No major engine repairs and still runs pretty smooth. Power conveniences (windows, locks, side mirrors) are all still working. The original CD player system did jam and won't eject at year six so i replaced the whole thing.

2004 Nissan Frontier XE Crew cab SWB
By Fabian on 06/22/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck which had 37,000 miles. Rides a little harsh with off road tires but handles well and looks great. Interior is great, all instruments laid out well. Added a K&N air filter for improved fuel economy. Tows a 6x12 cargo trailer with my 4 wheeler fairly well. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. looking forward to many years with it!

Dependable Nissan Frontier
By Marky Mark on 04/11/10 00:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I first saw this truck. The body shape was very unique especially the front end kinda liked the look. When I test drove it the engine sounded very quite. The price was in my range. I didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Powerwise acceleration is pretty weak, But as long as it get me to point A to point B its all good. Shifting is not too smooth, a bit jerky with the clutch. I had to really go easy with the clutch when releasing it back. The ride was too bumpy on streets and highways where I live. Gas mileage pretty good can't complain. I'm a light truck user when hauling and going camping. Having a truck is a must. Overall very dependable and reliable truck. Mostly I got it at a good deal!

Third world country vehicle
By deneng on 03/12/10 15:15 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When i saw this vehicle in the philippines i said to myself if this ever comes to the states i gotta get me one. When it came i said ok i paid the 14500 asking price and drove it off the lot. Has 89000 and the timing belt replaced. Gas milage 10 to 25 mpg. 10 miles with 4500# boat and 25 when driving like a green freak. Still with original clutch. It's hard to decide if this or my integra are better vehicles. Both are far better then expected.

My nissan
By jash1178 on 09/12/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great truck I have tested it in every kind of situation including harsh thick mud offroad and its like a tank. Great truck.

Great Truck!
By tbs04xev6 on 08/06/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in May 2008 to replace a 2000 Dodge Dakota. The truck drives well and can haul whatever I throw in the bed. The 4wd is flawless and works well when the snow flies. The truck has limited slip differentials, so I never get stuck. I have the long bed 4-door model, which is a bit difficult to park in tight situations, but the bigger bed is worth the trade off. The V-6 runs great and gets decent gas mileage for a truck this long. The automatic transmission is lazy on the downshifts, but runs fine. Wish it had a fifth gear for better fuel economy. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust on it, which helped freeway merging and mid- range power greatly.

Very satisfied owner
By John on 04/27/09 05:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am about to hit 100k miles today (XE V6, 4WD, Crew Cab, 5 speed). Haven't had a problem yet and I've worked it hard. There aren't even any rattles in the interior. It'll tow an 18' boat, haul a yard of stone, plow snow, and commute to work. The ride, handling, and build quality are much better than my previous truck, a Toyota Tacoma. As far as mileage, I have seen 21mpg when driving with a light touch on the highway, but it's mostly 18-20mpg. It's certaintly no worse than any other compact pickup on the market. I did install a Magnaflow exhaust and K&N filtercharger, which helped with throttle response. Overall, I couldn't really ask for more from a truck.

SUPER TRUCK
By MEL PARAS on 04/01/09 18:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The truck runs very well. Great Power and comfort , it has been reliable and very fun to drive! I love the fender flares and the Front bars, side bars and luggage rack , makes truck look and feel rugged. I'm a very Proud owner of my first Nissan Truck. I love my purchase and recommend this truck to anyone looking for style comfort and reliable truck that has kept me happy the past 5 years of ownership. I've only had oil changes and a new air /gas filter installed the past 5 years of ownership.

GREAT LOOKING,BUILT & DRIVE LIKE A TRUCK
By Joe Zee on 03/11/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Was disappointed by performance on highway, like an old lady, minus pep pills, but slow and sure, will not suggest a speedster to own this auto, built like a truck and drive like a tank, using as much gas to reach a destination,