Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2004 Frontier
By wadelington

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this truck for about five years. The best truck I ever had. Looks good and is a conversation piece.

It is just a good looking truck all over.

Almost 8 years and over 75k miles
By darmonx

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd keep one vehicle for more than four years. Still driving it after almost eight years and still loving it. Just added k&n air filter and upgraded to a magnaflow exhaust which made a significant difference on the daily driving experience (wish I've done that sooner). Getting 17mpg right now with mixed hwy/city driving. No major engine repairs and still runs pretty smooth. Power conveniences (windows, locks, side mirrors) are all still working. The original CD player system did jam and won't eject at year six so i replaced the whole thing.

Reliability. Kept up with the scheduled maintenace. Engine still smooth and strong.

Longer lasting brake pads. Have replaced it twice since I've owned it.

2004 Nissan Frontier XE Crew cab SWB
By Fabian

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck which had 37,000 miles. Rides a little harsh with off road tires but handles well and looks great. Interior is great, all instruments laid out well. Added a K&N air filter for improved fuel economy. Tows a 6x12 cargo trailer with my 4 wheeler fairly well. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. looking forward to many years with it!

Exterior is awesome with BF Goodrich off road tires. feels very sturdy. i recommend this truck to anyone looking for a compact truck for light duty.

Dependable Nissan Frontier
By Marky Mark

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I first saw this truck. The body shape was very unique especially the front end kinda liked the look. When I test drove it the engine sounded very quite. The price was in my range. I didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Powerwise acceleration is pretty weak, But as long as it get me to point A to point B its all good. Shifting is not too smooth, a bit jerky with the clutch. I had to really go easy with the clutch when releasing it back. The ride was too bumpy on streets and highways where I live. Gas mileage pretty good can't complain. I'm a light truck user when hauling and going camping. Having a truck is a must. Overall very dependable and reliable truck. Mostly I got it at a good deal!

Inside the interior black and dark gray, dash instruments easy to read. Front end shape. Color (Pewter). Fenders would flare out with the same color. Key to lock tail gate. Compartments to put things on the 2 front doors.

*Beef up the engine (done) *More room in the crew cab ? *Put coil springs on front suspension (done) *alloy rims for more options (done) *front dash should be flat somewhat.

Third world country vehicle
By deneng

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When i saw this vehicle in the philippines i said to myself if this ever comes to the states i gotta get me one. When it came i said ok i paid the 14500 asking price and drove it off the lot. Has 89000 and the timing belt replaced. Gas milage 10 to 25 mpg. 10 miles with 4500# boat and 25 when driving like a green freak. Still with original clutch. It's hard to decide if this or my integra are better vehicles. Both are far better then expected.

The surprise i got when i pulled a 4200# boat out of the water on a wet ramp. I don't have 4 wheel drive.

I can't think of one..