Used 2004 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Dependable Nissan Frontier
By Marky Mark

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I first saw this truck. The body shape was very unique especially the front end kinda liked the look. When I test drove it the engine sounded very quite. The price was in my range. I didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Powerwise acceleration is pretty weak, But as long as it get me to point A to point B its all good. Shifting is not too smooth, a bit jerky with the clutch. I had to really go easy with the clutch when releasing it back. The ride was too bumpy on streets and highways where I live. Gas mileage pretty good can't complain. I'm a light truck user when hauling and going camping. Having a truck is a must. Overall very dependable and reliable truck. Mostly I got it at a good deal!

Inside the interior black and dark gray, dash instruments easy to read. Front end shape. Color (Pewter). Fenders would flare out with the same color. Key to lock tail gate. Compartments to put things on the 2 front doors.

*Beef up the engine (done) *More room in the crew cab ? *Put coil springs on front suspension (done) *alloy rims for more options (done) *front dash should be flat somewhat.

Third world country vehicle
By deneng

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When i saw this vehicle in the philippines i said to myself if this ever comes to the states i gotta get me one. When it came i said ok i paid the 14500 asking price and drove it off the lot. Has 89000 and the timing belt replaced. Gas milage 10 to 25 mpg. 10 miles with 4500# boat and 25 when driving like a green freak. Still with original clutch. It's hard to decide if this or my integra are better vehicles. Both are far better then expected.

The surprise i got when i pulled a 4200# boat out of the water on a wet ramp. I don't have 4 wheel drive.

I can't think of one..

Black Betty
By Damon

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Nissan and my 2nd Pick up. This build quality is very tight, no squeaks. The gearing is nice for cruising and commuting. A very versatile truck for a dad with a 7 year old boy, an active wife, and 2 big dogs that all love to camp and explore the great state of Texas.

I love everything about the truck. There isn't one particular thing that stand out. Well, maybe it's presence - it looks good.

The Short Bed should come with a receiving hitch.

fun to drive
By win

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i test drove all the others dealers and i could not find one truck i like driving and all the nissan trucks as well. i all most walk out of the dealer and went home, but i walk the last dealer and found this little compact truck o4 and test drove it and i loved to drive it. it drove like a car. it has nice looks, the bed is just wright for me small, it handles just like a nissan, breaking is fast, it could be a little faster at low speeds, but when you are at 60 and above i found out that this little truck will get up and go (looking down 85mph), and having the ac on in the summer and high 90's i get better gas 325 miles to the tank not bad for 16 gals.

i added many extras to this little truck: vent shade all around, wind scoop for the front of the truck, bull bars on front and back, and the top for the bed fiberglass with lock, driver seat cover. its the best looking truck around, and alot of people like looking at her.

nothing too add, may be more horse power.

love my truck!
By amy monroy

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

overall best truck i have had , had fords frm a dully to a 250, nothing compares to this truck!

dont have a fav, love the who;e package!