2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2004 Frontier
By wadelington on 11/23/12 19:28 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this truck for about five years. The best truck I ever had. Looks good and is a conversation piece.

Almost 8 years and over 75k miles
By darmonx on 08/05/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd keep one vehicle for more than four years. Still driving it after almost eight years and still loving it. Just added k&n air filter and upgraded to a magnaflow exhaust which made a significant difference on the daily driving experience (wish I've done that sooner). Getting 17mpg right now with mixed hwy/city driving. No major engine repairs and still runs pretty smooth. Power conveniences (windows, locks, side mirrors) are all still working. The original CD player system did jam and won't eject at year six so i replaced the whole thing.

The Good, Bad and Ugly
By JonR on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2nd Nissan Pickup-last was a '98- great-this one not quite as good. This one had good ride, dependability, great mileage. Owned 6 years, 42,000 miles- same tires mileage between 25 and 28 normal, and on trip to Yellowstone, 32+ amazing! Range 290- 330 miles 'cause gas gauge design always made truck look like it was running out! Full was 9 O'clock, 1/2 was 7 pm and empty was 6 PM. Very bad on confidence. Overall, truck performed ok but emission controls choked what could have been more horsepower. Problems were, Steering wheel squeaked from new, Oxy sensor failed, Parking brake cable fell off mount, Horn quit in snowy winter, rattle in headliner. All in all a good truck but some small issues

Good Truck, Super Reliable
By norcalboon on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2004 for 17700. 95K miles and no problems. Replaced OEM tires at 55K with same (BFG's) and battery died in 2008, replaced front brake pads around 60K. No other problems, just oil changes. 18-20MPG consistently. Wanted something I could keep for a few years with little to no issue and this has been great. Definitely a 'truck' ride, especially on bumpy roads and interior starting to feel small, but overall it's been a fantastic truck, never let me down.

2004 Nissan Frontier XE Crew cab SWB
By Fabian on 06/22/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck which had 37,000 miles. Rides a little harsh with off road tires but handles well and looks great. Interior is great, all instruments laid out well. Added a K&N air filter for improved fuel economy. Tows a 6x12 cargo trailer with my 4 wheeler fairly well. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. looking forward to many years with it!

Old Cricket
By Mr.Courier on 05/27/10 23:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I do courier work in South Florida and put around 50,000 miles a year.The reason I named it Cricket is because since I bought it has a cricket noise on the front end , the only thing wrong from new.Cricket now has 238,000 miles and so far the only thing wrong was the battery once and the alternator once. If you are looking for quality this is it none better. Make sure you change the oil every 3000 miles and these babies are really INDESTRUCTIBLE

Dependable Nissan Frontier
By Marky Mark on 04/11/10 00:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I first saw this truck. The body shape was very unique especially the front end kinda liked the look. When I test drove it the engine sounded very quite. The price was in my range. I didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Powerwise acceleration is pretty weak, But as long as it get me to point A to point B its all good. Shifting is not too smooth, a bit jerky with the clutch. I had to really go easy with the clutch when releasing it back. The ride was too bumpy on streets and highways where I live. Gas mileage pretty good can't complain. I'm a light truck user when hauling and going camping. Having a truck is a must. Overall very dependable and reliable truck. Mostly I got it at a good deal!

Third world country vehicle
By deneng on 03/12/10 15:15 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When i saw this vehicle in the philippines i said to myself if this ever comes to the states i gotta get me one. When it came i said ok i paid the 14500 asking price and drove it off the lot. Has 89000 and the timing belt replaced. Gas milage 10 to 25 mpg. 10 miles with 4500# boat and 25 when driving like a green freak. Still with original clutch. It's hard to decide if this or my integra are better vehicles. Both are far better then expected.

A fun little truck
By willy on 02/08/10 15:11 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A neat small truck with great mileage and pretty good performance even with the small engine. It has been trouble free and is really fun to drive.

My nissan
By jash1178 on 09/12/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great truck I have tested it in every kind of situation including harsh thick mud offroad and its like a tank. Great truck.