Great Light Duty Pickup
By yader84 on
2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I test drove all the light duty trucks before I bought this in 2007. Tacoma was small, lower to the ground, and more bouncy. Mazda felt loose, Ranger couldn't touch the interior space. The Nissan is stable, feels larger than others, has great towing capacity (3000#), and I get 27 mpg. For the size, it has power you wouldn't expect. Best of all, it has had no major problems, and that's at 175,000 miles.
Favorite Features
Towing Height Gas Mileage
Suggested Improvements
Factory sound isn't all that great. No iPod hook up.
By spaceguy85
on 10/03/12 05:35 AM (PDT)

yader84, I agree! I have an 2003 XE, that I have owned for several years, and, with NO problems! This truck does everything that I expect, and more! And, I have been getting around 26 mpg. She is not fancy, but, she does what I expect! I only have 79,000 on her, but, I am glad to know that she will go at least another 100,000. I am working to add Factory style fog lights, and maybe a hidden amp for the factory radio, but, nothing else will change. She takes care of me, and I take care of her. Too bad Nissan has not gone back to basics, and offered the quality vehicle that we both have. In fact, I know someone here that just sold his 2009, and bought a 2004 Frontier. He had a 2001 before, and said that the 09 was not near as good of a truck as the older ones. Plus, now he gets 25- 26 mpg instead of 17 mpg. I will keep mine for a VERY long time.