Best of the 2003s
By love my Nissan on
2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)
I looked at all the 03 mid-size crew-cabs before buying. The Nissan was the obvious choice. It had the most powerful engine (super-charged V6), the longest bed, quietest interior, and was thousands less than a comparably equipped Toyota. I have a fully loaded top of the line truck with every option and a few aftermarket add-ons. This truck has proved to be religiously dependable and an excellent buy. I get 17 mpg in the city and close to 22 on the highway. I don't like the fact that it needs premium gas and the Firestones that come on the S/C 2x2 are JUNK (I got less than 20k miles from the first set, and I am a very conservative driver. The second set isn't fairing any better).
Favorite Features
Good power, great towing capacity, the long bed, the incredible dependability factor, and the Rockford Fosgate stereo all make this truck worth having and keeping. It's a true work pony.
Suggested Improvements
The high performance Firestones are completely unneeded on the SC truck. They wear out quickly and are expensive to replace. The back seat is a little tight on leg room. The gauges and controls can be a little hard to discern on a very bright sunny day.