2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Nissan doesn't care about gas

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

Nissan doesn't care about gas mileage!
By jim d04 on

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good little truck for people who don't need a full size. The ride is very good, better than an '07 Tacoma IMO. Very close to my '00 Pathfinder. Decent power. Terrible gas mileage, city or highway. In the 16-13 MPG range. For a small truck it should be better. 4 doors are convenient but leg room in rear is very tight. Ok for short rides, but anyone near 6' will be uncomfortable. The tires have held up very well. I have almost 90,000 miles and they are just getting to the point that I should replace them.

The 4WD is great. I once had to take this truck up a dirt road covered by almost 2 feet of snow. Snow was up to the frame. It plowed up the hill and got me out of there with no problem. Also the highway ride is great. You forget you are driving a truck. The bed extender is handy.

MPG. Cheap plastic tailgate handle. Cheap looking plastic wheel flares. Cheap bedliner has gaps around the cargo hooks. Needs better MPG. Did I mention it gets terrible gas mileage.