2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Kick Butt Nissan

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Kick Butt Nissan
By Jeckyll on

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great. You get the best parts of an SUV, but you still have the convenience of a truck bed. Great towing capacity and the long bed makes it very stable. Back seat is a little cramped, but fine for younger kids, dogs or just storage. I only average about 19 MPG which I think could be a little higher. Funny thing is that it never seems to differ between hwy and city, or even towing my boat.The 3.3 liter is tough and strong, but not quite the pick I was looking for. I wish Nissan offered the 3.5 liter V-6 in the Frontier. I think that would be the icing on top and make this truck absolutely perfect.

Interior design, great exterior looks, roof rack and side step bars are very convenient and the long bed is of perfect size.

Get rid of the speed limiter, offer the 3.5 liter V-6 in the Frontier and a little bit more room between the steering wheel and the driver's door. Maybe a little bit more ground clearance and offer a 16" wheel/tire upgrade.