Frontier's Amazing
By Ballistics on
2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)
I have always had Toyotas, I thought I'd try Nissan. The Nissan feels heavier, but has better center of gravity feelilng. Has outstanding noise supression cab. In WV, running 70 up hills in 5th gear feels good! I had to drive 3 hours in 4WD in near white-out snow, the vehicle was very stable and reliable, rarely broke traction and handled well. My only disappointment is the consistent 15-17 mpg. However, considering all the other pluses I have no regrets. Frontier delivers on demand every time.
Favorite Features
Quiet interior at high speed. Excellent CD stereo with 4 spkrs, it rocks - NPR is even more enjoyable! Much room behind seats, nice dual console and locking glove box, many storage slots for "close to hand" items. 4 wheel ABS excellent on both dry and slippery road surfaces.
Suggested Improvements
Needs weight in rear, solved with class III hitch. 4x4 should have limited slip differential. Std front skid plate a must. I have to aftermarket mine. Make the tach and speedo larger for better visibility, very hard to see in shadow even with lights on overcast day.