Enjoy the Ride!
By Nate240-Z on
2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)
I LOVE this truck! I have almost 45000 miles on it now and not a single problem. The interior does not have the cheap look and feel that the Toyota has. The interior is also extremely user friendly. Once you get rid of those horrible BFG rugged trail tires for a real All Terrain tire, I suggest the Yokohama Geolander A/T+II's, the off-road ability is amazing. I had NO wet road traction with the BFG's and the Yoko's solved that problem. I ordered mine with the 5spd manual which has a 4LO crawl ratio of nearly 40:1. Gas mielage is good for a 4x4... I average 20mpg on the highway and 15-16 in town, also while towing my '72 240Z on the hwy (3300lbs w/trailer) I averaged 16mpg @ 65-70mph.
Favorite Features
Standard Factory STEEL Front Skid Plate... 2 thumbs up!!! It actually lives up to the OFF ROAD written on the Bed. I've got the regular 4 speaker stereo and it sounds great. Bed Extender is handy. I will be sticking with a Frontier when I get my new truck in a year or two.
Suggested Improvements
Add tie downs on the floor of the bed. Front tow hook (handy for pulling out stuck Toyotas). Better Tires stock - Nissan is still using the (not so) Rugged Trails on the new NISMO.