2003 Nissan Frontier Standard Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Sort Reviews by

By Swing

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Outstanding vechicle! It has great gas mileage with and without the air conditioner running, considering how high the price of gas is right now. Great for long trips,and the bed liner makes for easy clean up when needed for yard work.

XE V6 crew cab
By jefpay

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Crew Cab, XEV6 is my 6th Nissan truck since 1986. I have owned virtually all the body style and both the 4 cyl and 6 cyl engine..The mechanical reliabilty is unmatched. The only problems I have encounters are water pumps and AC failures. While it is underpowered it still remains at the top of my list!!!

Suggested Improvements

MOre power for the standard V6 engine..Buying the optional s/charged V6 is 1,000+ and requires high octane. It simply is not worth it.

Excellent Truck
By AliasTrucker

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is awsome, it drives great and has no problems at all. GREAT BUY!

'03 Frontier
By farbotko

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck, not too small and not too large. Just the right size to haul large items, yet still fit comfortably in a parking space.

Favorite Features

Roof rack thickness makes it great to strap heavier items to that would bend other racks. Lots of storage areas (glove box, arm console, etc.) in the cab for loose items.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough room between inside of driver's door and steering wheel.

Functional and Affordable
By MGutierrez

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Frontier Desert Runner because it fits my needs for my lifestyle. Having the 2 seats in the KingCab has been perfect for traveling with my 3 girls, as they have plenty of room. I use my truck quite often for work, loading it with heavy items, and its great for a trip up to the mountains as it has plenty of power. I suggest a frontier to everyone!

Favorite Features

As for the features that this truck has...Plenty of power...ample room...nice dynamic design...

Damn Good truck
By jonathan

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is an awsome truck, everything is great the front seats are very comfortable, the only problem is the back seat is not exactly meant for huge adults but hey for me its just there so i can throw things on it, the truck bed has a lot of room and wow this thing tows a preety big load and hauls a preety big load without even breaking a sweat on my way to 90 mph on the freeway, lol this is a great truck

Favorite Features

Long bed, Comfy front seats, great mpg im averaging 25 mpg on the streets and highway...

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat!!

Desert Runner
By TonyM

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Really enjoy this truck. Rides and drives well and yet feels like a truck. Much better value in my opinion than Prerunner.

Favorite Features

Solid feel, interior layout, extended cab and a full bed!

Suggested Improvements

None at this point. My previous Hardbody had nearly 300,000 miles so it's hard to suggest any improvements with that type reliability and longevity.

Very Happy
By cmroler

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Frontier XE CC LB is 1 year old with 12000 flawless mile. Looked at Toyota Tacoma's but the dealer's wouldn't deal. Nissan dealer was great, drove in for 1st time look and 1hr.15min. later drove my new truck home. Love the whole truck, looks, power, and handling.

Favorite Features

4 doors and long bed, easy serviceability. Seats are better than Toyota's. Don't have to slam doors shut and they close with a reassuring solid sound, not cheap and tinny like Ford Ranger. Radio/CD is great.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, 17mpg combined is OK but could be better. More colors for interior, not crazy about all the shades of gray.

Nice Nissan
By rfernatt

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a leased 2001 Frontier CC 4WD 5-speed which was trouble free at 42K miles. Although we haven't had this '03 long, I believe that it is quieter and rides smoother than the '01 on the road. The automatic keeps the engine running at lower revs on the interstate, and that helps. I also like the seat fabric better on this '03 XE than the '01. Squeaks and rattles weren't a problem with the '01, but this truck feels very solid with virtually no rattles even over bumps and ruts. In summary, it has most everything I liked about our 2001 with some evolutionary improvements.

Favorite Features

The Crew Cab design is one of our favorites. Even though people rarely ride in the back, it's great to be able to easily stow stuff back there without hassling with the front seats. This is a great camping vehicle! The dark gray accessories really stand out on the XE models.

Suggested Improvements

Drop in the 3.5L for more power and quieter operation, increase rear leg room, improve fuel economy, bring back the big cupholder up front from the 2001. And, make the dark gray accessories (rook rack, step bars, bed extender, push bar, alloy wheels) optional on the SE.

Under the Radar Value
By rkt440

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been aware of the Froniter but I never realized what a value it really is. Quality Japanese craftsmanship, the right features (Alloys, A/C, CD), slightly larger motor and you get a super-cab for the price of a similarly equipped, regular cab Ranger.

Favorite Features

Performance, Interior, Overall Value

Suggested Improvements

Tilt-wheel one notch higher, Mesh grill below front facia, Ride is a little stiff.