2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Campers deelite
By bigdaddypain on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have been camping twice. Is very utilitarian. Seats 4. Not very comfortably, but well enough esp. for a 4 door truck. Can haul junk w/o worry.

Reliable transportation..
By otrand on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. Engine is okay but needs more HP. Torque is good. Reliability is good. Tranny is the best Ive driven. I liked the ride at first but have come to hate it. It comes delivered with 26lbs(rec. pressure) which makes it feel smooth. Put the pressure where it should be and ride becomes jiggly and shows the chassis flimsiness.Upgraded to Bilstein shocks which helped but without a stiff chassis ...... Nissan also has had a problem with the 2 piece driveshaft design that exhibits itself as driveline vibration. Nissans "fix" is not adequate. Overall the truck is okay, but I looked forward to driving my ole GMC more than I do this truck.

the best compact pick up
By moe on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

the vehicle has good handeling.i recomend getting the sport package its worth it.for mild offroading its great.in the xe model it needs a locking rear axle but other wise a great truck

Performance at it's best
By klhart on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is a must have for young consumers with a lot of cash. I love the beauty and comfort of the fronty when travelling on those gravel roads. And when I mean gravel I mean gravel. The interior design is quite to eye popper. I love the sound system. Nothing comes close to my fronty with the loud supercharger, giving me the power.

Love The Truckie
By maxmilo01 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Well I had the truck for Two and a half years, and have not had any mechanical problems.It is a comfortable ride,fuel economy is not bad either.Handles pretty well.I Get alot of compliments, I must say its a great looking truck.

Great truck
By tykane01 on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck. It is my first truck ever, so that might not say much. The ride height is great. Love the sound system. Should have bought 4x4. The long bed is a must. Of course the back seat is cramped. But overall satisfaction is excellent. Watch out for the nissan dealers though. Watch out for the speed limiter too. Sucks if you do not know it is going to happen.

Great truck
By cardinalcoach9282 on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck!!

Just got it, still evaluating
By Fitz134 on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got the truck, after being a dyed in the wool Ford man. Nissans to me seem to be some of the most durable, and time tested out there. My truck is an absoulute pleasure to drive, and it gives the best mix of practicality, and functionality. My wife even likes it. We have our first child on the way, and needed another four door vehicle.

2002 Ready To Go
By jefpay on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

5th Nissan pickup since 1987. They just keep getting better. Could use a bit more performance..Didn't opt for the supercharged in that it takes high test gas. With prices the way they are I made the right choice. Have rarely had any serious problems with any of them and routine maintenance keeps them going well.

Can't live w/o a truck
By flashbang on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

stop by to pick up my tags for the 03 Altima I just bought last week. My 94 Ford Ranger 4x4 ( 170k miles) was killing me on gas. They had just got in this Sand Dune color Frontier. After a quick test drive I couldn't stand it anymore I had driven a truck for 8 yrs and had to have another. The ride is awesome and the long bed absorbs most of the road bounce. My wife loves the truck more than me I think. Anyway I was able to use my companies VPP (vehicle purchase program) agreement with Nissan to knock off $3800.