Used 2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

4X2 aweful in the snow
By terrx

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Truck is great if you live in an area of the country that doesnt get snow, otherwise by a 4X4. I bought the 4X2 because it was cheaper, wish I ought the 4X4, the truck kicks out and has poor traction in snowy weather conditions. Also truck has poor MPG. Other than that the truck runs smooth and handles bmps better than any vehicle I have driven.

Smooth ride

Gas mileage

Nice Truck
By thedingo

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Nissan and so far I am happy. Good Power....great ride....good amount of room. Moved several people and even with the short bed and a tonneau cover had a substantial amount of room.

Ride height and comfort. Even on a long trip its great. Good cargo space and power to move it.

Two words: FUEL ECONOMY. I average 15- 16mpg which is sort of depressing for only a V6. Also a little more insulation between the engine and road and the cab would be nice.

What a fun truck!
By Nancy Ellis

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I always wanted a truck, but had never driven one and knew nothing about them. I test drove them all, and settled on the Frontier for reasons of price, 4 doors, and appearance. I was lucky to find a 2003 used, low-mileage SE Crew Cab in solar yellow with all the options I wanted. It is SOOOO fun and I enjoy the attention it generates, (although I am a middle- aged lady with a kid in college!) I am sure glad I traded in that "soccer mom" beige minivan!

Amazing sound system, trim (roof rack, body-colored front bumper, step rails), adjustable seat height and lumbar support on driver's side

gas mileage not too impressive, but you can't have everything

Hurts so good . . .
By Richard911

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice rig. I had a 1994, same setup, 4cyl 5spd. Very dependable. Had a problem with the seats on long commutes. The seats would cut off circulation to my legs. I wound up retro-fitting some 280Z seats. I thought they had this solved in the newer rigs. No way! This is not the car for a 6' tall man.

Looks good, runs good, dependable

Get an adjustable seat in these things. Even the KIA Rio has a better seat than this.

Cramp My Style
By captain

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I like the overall vehicle. It's a very nice riding truck. All that have driven in it thinks it rides like a car and not a truck. It has a good style on the outside but lacking on the inside.

The outside style, many people turn their heads to see it again!Long Bed, good steering radius, excellent quiet non bouncy ride.

The engine makes a constant noise from inside the vehicle. Also, the rear cab is cramped. Would be nice to receive better gas mileage.

• SUV