Used 2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Most Helpful|
go nissian
By fvl

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second nissian I had a 2001 crew cab traded it at 60,000 and got a 2003 holds value well, I had not one problem with either nissian. Could not say that for the s10 pickups I used to own.

Favorite Features

roomy for me I use it for work (Sales) everyday. Also reiability

Suggested Improvements

Bed extender, when unfolded dosent give you the piece of mind that cargo will stay in with the tube piping.

valuable exposure
By patrick

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

overall, vehicle provides a continual high value performance. this is based on constant positive responses to all handling manuever attempts.

Favorite Features

outstanding features include seating comfort, steering ease, immediate acceleration as pedal is pressed, ample power and absolute peace and quiet when the windows are rolled up (driving or parked).

Suggested Improvements

Increased horsepower could be beneficial in some circumstances, making it apropos to consider suitable power modifications to the v-6 motor.

Great Truck
By Rich Soto

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Starts up nice. Drives like a full size truck. Step on the gas and she goes nice for a v6. Shifts smooth and stops on a dime. Turning radius is great. Has a little bit of wind noise around door somewhere. I will figure it out sooner or later. Had to trade a manual transmission vehicle for this cause I could not use right shoulder to well and this truck has everthing easy to reach. Pulls a 2 place quad trailer very well. I forget it's back there. That is how well it pulls and rides back there. Hope I dont have to get rid of this truck for any health reasons. This truck could last me forever. Bought it with 54 thousand miles, clean as a whistle. Got a full 60k service done at dealer. Top shape!

Favorite Features

Visibility, drive, comfort, style, stereo, color, fit, finish, cannot say anything bad. Bed is plenty long, dash is lit up just enough at night, I cant stand a bright dash at night. Heater kicks, cant wait till summer to see how well air works. I test drove many makes, this was the best!

Suggested Improvements

Like to find where air leaks into driver's door area and rattle underneath around passenger exhaust area. In due time I will find it. Would like to have interior door floor lights and brighter in cab lights when door is opened.

Ole Miss Update
By olemiss

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just wanted to update my post of my Frontier Crew Cab long bed with 3.3 engine. I had to replace the A/C compressor around 75,000 miles, replaced a headlight last week, and a battery at the seven year point. I chose to put new shocks all around and replace the brake pads at 85,000 miles. I will have new hoses and belts put on when I have the timing belt replaced at 100,000 miles. Not bad for a ten year old truck with 90,000 miles. I take very good care of this truck and I plan to drive it daily for a few more years.

Favorite Features

Very dependable. I had the A/C compressor replaced, but everything else is normal wear and tear. Pulled a friends 35 foot boat and launched it with no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing too bad. I said I thought this truck was ugly, but I should add that she looks better everyday and no one believes that this truck is ten years old.

Great little truck in general
By beast10r

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a truck I needed something that I could get into relatively cheap that I could haul my motorcycle around with, and last a long time. After doing lots of research I decided on the Frontier. I bought the truck with 75k on it 2 years ago, and it currently has just under 100k. The previous owner took good care of it and gave me a bunch of maintenance receipts and so far it's been trouble free except for a bad knock sensor, but that doesn't really effect anything. That said, it's not very powerful and it drinks gas like a V8. It should have had a 6 speed but with this truck you trade power and efficiency for reliability. If your Ok with that, then it's great.

Favorite Features

Look, durability. size

Suggested Improvements

Well, since there is already a new model out I doubt this would help anything, but I would say it needs a stronger and more efficient motor. If they made a truck this size with a stronger motor that got 20 MPG city, and 25 MPG highway, it would own the market.