2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
You get what you pay for...
By Sambo on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something simple with a low overall cost of ownership. So far so good with 9000 miles on the odometer. 4 cylinder is peppy and 5 speed transmission is nicely matched. Mileage is 23 MPG in mixed driving. A/C really sucks the power-I turn it off when I need some speed. Interior is nice. Exterioe styling is great. Made in the USA-I like the idea of keeping those 5800 Americans working hard in Smyrna, TN.

Another trustworthy truck!
By MtbVA on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For 16 years I've driven two NISSAN Trucks ('84 bought used in '89) & ('95 bought new), this is my third. Not one problem that wasn't normal wear & tear (brakes/tires/clutch)! Extremely low maintenance costs! This truck has many more creature comforts & storage options than my past trucks!

What a TRUCK!!
By MrK33 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one truck that you don't want to skip. It has a decent 143 hp 4cyl engine that gets great economy, especially with today's gas prices. Between my first 2 tanks of gas, I've gotten 25.2 mpg in mixed driving. That's BETTER than EPA highway, and the engine isn't even totally broken in yet! The seating is really comfortable, and you feel as though you're driving a larger vehicle, only it's very easy to park. The HVAC controls are clean and intuitively laid out. In fact, the cleanliness of the whole dashboard is great. If you want a real truck, but don't want to get something unreliable (American made), or expensive, check out the Frontier!

Best Truck Ever Built
By big332 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nissan has really built an excellent truck. It does everything I need it to do. The ride is great, the looks are awesome, and the engine is the quietest I've heard.

Frontier's Amazing
By Ballistics on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have always had Toyotas, I thought I'd try Nissan. The Nissan feels heavier, but has better center of gravity feelilng. Has outstanding noise supression cab. In WV, running 70 up hills in 5th gear feels good! I had to drive 3 hours in 4WD in near white-out snow, the vehicle was very stable and reliable, rarely broke traction and handled well. My only disappointment is the consistent 15-17 mpg. However, considering all the other pluses I have no regrets. Frontier delivers on demand every time.

Nissan king cab 2wd
By vwtommy on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Much higher up than the comparable 2 wheel drive Toyota. Very solid and fun to drive. The stick shift shifts great. And less expensive that the Toyota. I think it is more truck for the money...Would purchase another and my other car is a 1998 Toyota T100!

My next truck....
By f41driver on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I drove a '99 Frontier XE 4cyl King Cab until it had 207,000 miles in it when I worked for a Nissan dealer as a parts driver, and I can tell you this is the most durable truck I've ever been in. The updates are mostly cosmetic between '99 and '03, so I feel this experience relevent. I'm planning on buying a 2003 Frontier sometime next year.