Used 2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2WD Desert Runner XE
By S Modica

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had this truck for a few weeks but I already have grown very fond of it. Previously I owned a '98 S- 10 I enjoyed it very much but from the firt day I knew the Nissan was a better truck.

Favorite Features

The exterior frontal design. It reminds me of a mean bulldog. Also I very much like the Desert Runner option I recieved. Being 6'3" the higher ride height suit me better.

Suggested Improvements

Change the instrument cluster to a cross between it and a 2001. I would do the layout of the dash just slightly different.

Great truck for a lot of gas
By Darby19d

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

My Frontier is a great truck: fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, does everything I ask it to without complaining. But my only complaint is that it sucks gas like no one else's business. I average about 15-16 MPG. Granted, I live in the city, which isn't optimal for fuel efficiency, but it still hurts the pocket book. It still get's below average gas milage on the freeway (about 16-17 MPG), but it's still better than in the city. My recommendation, if you do a lot of freeway driving or don't live in the city, it's a great truck to drive. If you live in the city, you better be rich.

Favorite Features

Lotta power, ample bed room, comfortable seats, good traction.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, gotta find a way to get better gas mileage!!!

Great truck
By Darrell Smith

I've had this truck now for over a year. And with 90,000 on the odom. Ive given it 1 full engine and tranny tune- up. It cruises on the hiway at 2500 rpm's doing 70 mph. And Idle's Smooth as glass. I give it 4 out of 5 Starz

Favorite Features

body

Suggested Improvements

Have the hi/Low headlight beam on the Left side of the floor board again.

Great Light Duty Pickup
By yader84

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all the light duty trucks before I bought this in 2007. Tacoma was small, lower to the ground, and more bouncy. Mazda felt loose, Ranger couldn't touch the interior space. The Nissan is stable, feels larger than others, has great towing capacity (3000#), and I get 27 mpg. For the size, it has power you wouldn't expect. Best of all, it has had no major problems, and that's at 175,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Towing Height Gas Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Factory sound isn't all that great. No iPod hook up.

Cheaper than Toyota
By srl99

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cheaper than Toyota and you get what you pay for. Auto dumped all tranny fluid at 1507 miles (yes, brand new). Nissan USA's response - refill fluid and have a nice day. Truck looks nice and gets excellent mileage on the back of tow truck. Can't operate defroster independent of A/C, shift lever blocks controls.

Favorite Features

Cheap

Suggested Improvements

Build quality