2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Kick Butt Nissan
By Jeckyll on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great. You get the best parts of an SUV, but you still have the convenience of a truck bed. Great towing capacity and the long bed makes it very stable. Back seat is a little cramped, but fine for younger kids, dogs or just storage. I only average about 19 MPG which I think could be a little higher. Funny thing is that it never seems to differ between hwy and city, or even towing my boat.The 3.3 liter is tough and strong, but not quite the pick I was looking for. I wish Nissan offered the 3.5 liter V-6 in the Frontier. I think that would be the icing on top and make this truck absolutely perfect.

4X2 aweful in the snow
By terrx on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Truck is great if you live in an area of the country that doesnt get snow, otherwise by a 4X4. I bought the 4X2 because it was cheaper, wish I ought the 4X4, the truck kicks out and has poor traction in snowy weather conditions. Also truck has poor MPG. Other than that the truck runs smooth and handles bmps better than any vehicle I have driven.

Nice Truck
By thedingo on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Nissan and so far I am happy. Good Power....great ride....good amount of room. Moved several people and even with the short bed and a tonneau cover had a substantial amount of room.

What a fun truck!
By Nancy Ellis on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I always wanted a truck, but had never driven one and knew nothing about them. I test drove them all, and settled on the Frontier for reasons of price, 4 doors, and appearance. I was lucky to find a 2003 used, low-mileage SE Crew Cab in solar yellow with all the options I wanted. It is SOOOO fun and I enjoy the attention it generates, (although I am a middle- aged lady with a kid in college!) I am sure glad I traded in that "soccer mom" beige minivan!

Cramp My Style
By captain on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I like the overall vehicle. It's a very nice riding truck. All that have driven in it thinks it rides like a car and not a truck. It has a good style on the outside but lacking on the inside.

Not all it cracks up to be
By broncobubba on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i got the truck on a friday, by the following tuesday i didn't want it anymore. at 200 miles the transmission started shifting real hard and iratic, to the point of when you get on the hwy it literally slams you around. another problem is after running the truck for a while when you stop at a stop light it runs rough and shakes. Another thing when fueling the pump doesnt sense the tank is full and keeps pumping and gets gas all over(bad valve in tank). Lastly occasionally when cornering the right side speakers cut out.

Nissan 4 Alaska
By g&s on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

After looking at Ford, Mazda, Jeep, and Toyota our Frontier fit our budget for our move to Alaska. We tested it out by packing our bags for a two week Christmas/New Years Vacation from Tucson to Vancouver, WA. The trip up was great and uneventful, but on the way back home a winter blizzard was closing the interstate as we drove through it. While other 4x4s were using their chains, ours stayed in the box and the Nissan handled the snow-packed roads with extreme confidence. We are looking forward to taking this tough truck off the road in North Central Alaska for the next three years. Creature comforts and toughness at a very reasonable price.

S/C all the way!
By TommehSC on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The only problem with this truck is the crappy gas mileage... nissan rules!

go nissian
By fvl on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second nissian I had a 2001 crew cab traded it at 60,000 and got a 2003 holds value well, I had not one problem with either nissian. Could not say that for the s10 pickups I used to own.

LOVE MY TRUCK
By NELSON JOHNSON on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

With over 100000 mi i have had no problems. the dealer is superb in quality of work and price.