2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
You get what you pay for...
By Sambo on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something simple with a low overall cost of ownership. So far so good with 9000 miles on the odometer. 4 cylinder is peppy and 5 speed transmission is nicely matched. Mileage is 23 MPG in mixed driving. A/C really sucks the power-I turn it off when I need some speed. Interior is nice. Exterioe styling is great. Made in the USA-I like the idea of keeping those 5800 Americans working hard in Smyrna, TN.

No thanks, I'd rather have my GMC back
By botran on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD SB w/Leather (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort is lacking. Front seats are lousy. Rear seat needs more room. Sound system sounds cheap. At first I liked the ride, but once you inflate the tires to an appropriate level the ride goes all jiggly on you due to chassis flimsiness. Replaced shocks with decent ones which helped but still sucks. Nissan can't fix driveshaft issue after 3 tries, common problem I'm told. Runs out of breath on the frreway.

Campers deelite
By bigdaddypain on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have been camping twice. Is very utilitarian. Seats 4. Not very comfortably, but well enough esp. for a 4 door truck. Can haul junk w/o worry.

Reliable transportation..
By otrand on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. Engine is okay but needs more HP. Torque is good. Reliability is good. Tranny is the best Ive driven. I liked the ride at first but have come to hate it. It comes delivered with 26lbs(rec. pressure) which makes it feel smooth. Put the pressure where it should be and ride becomes jiggly and shows the chassis flimsiness.Upgraded to Bilstein shocks which helped but without a stiff chassis ...... Nissan also has had a problem with the 2 piece driveshaft design that exhibits itself as driveline vibration. Nissans "fix" is not adequate. Overall the truck is okay, but I looked forward to driving my ole GMC more than I do this truck.

the best compact pick up
By moe on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

the vehicle has good handeling.i recomend getting the sport package its worth it.for mild offroading its great.in the xe model it needs a locking rear axle but other wise a great truck

Another trustworthy truck!
By MtbVA on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For 16 years I've driven two NISSAN Trucks ('84 bought used in '89) & ('95 bought new), this is my third. Not one problem that wasn't normal wear & tear (brakes/tires/clutch)! Extremely low maintenance costs! This truck has many more creature comforts & storage options than my past trucks!

What a TRUCK!!
By MrK33 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one truck that you don't want to skip. It has a decent 143 hp 4cyl engine that gets great economy, especially with today's gas prices. Between my first 2 tanks of gas, I've gotten 25.2 mpg in mixed driving. That's BETTER than EPA highway, and the engine isn't even totally broken in yet! The seating is really comfortable, and you feel as though you're driving a larger vehicle, only it's very easy to park. The HVAC controls are clean and intuitively laid out. In fact, the cleanliness of the whole dashboard is great. If you want a real truck, but don't want to get something unreliable (American made), or expensive, check out the Frontier!

Performance at it's best
By klhart on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is a must have for young consumers with a lot of cash. I love the beauty and comfort of the fronty when travelling on those gravel roads. And when I mean gravel I mean gravel. The interior design is quite to eye popper. I love the sound system. Nothing comes close to my fronty with the loud supercharger, giving me the power.

Love The Truckie
By maxmilo01 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Well I had the truck for Two and a half years, and have not had any mechanical problems.It is a comfortable ride,fuel economy is not bad either.Handles pretty well.I Get alot of compliments, I must say its a great looking truck.

Best Truck Ever Built
By big332 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nissan has really built an excellent truck. It does everything I need it to do. The ride is great, the looks are awesome, and the engine is the quietest I've heard.