Used 2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Best in Price
By sb4106

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Nissan pickup in the last 18 years. So far it is starting out like the other two, no problems. I still own my 93 and plan to give it to my son when he turns 16. What can I say? I wouldn't have bought three in a row if they weren't a great little truck. I have nothing against Toyota, except that they cost about $2k more when compared to Nissan.

Favorite Features

Driving height, drivablity, mechanically dependable and style. I love to drive my truck, sometimes I take the long way home. My 93 never gave me any problems or left me stranded. My 03 seems to be of the same quality, I will probably drive it for another 10 years?

Suggested Improvements

Gas millage! Another 3 to 5 miles per gallon would be nice? But my millage could be affected by my "putting my foot into it" mentality it have?

Stay Away from
By BarkleyPup

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I really like the ride and the power, but the gas milage sucks. I would not recommend. Also the bed is not as big as it looks. Most full sized trucks get better fuel milage.

Favorite Features

The Power it has. I pull a 1 ton boat and it handles it ok.

Suggested Improvements

Improve on fuel milage. Also could make the bed deeper.

My Frontier Experience
By arcadio figueroa

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

For the most, this vehicle is a good handling truck but very high on gas consuming. THe air conditioner and heat exchanger are very poor and the interior space is very limited, specially in the back seat.

Favorite Features

The truck handles very well in snow and dry road.

Suggested Improvements

Gasoline expense must be improved. The tank is very small compare to the milage per gallon. Next time, I will consider leasing my next truck based on gas consumption and unless improved I will be force to go to others.

First Nissan 4X4
By Fronty

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB w/Leather (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck in June 2003. I have put almost 9000 miles on it since then. I have had no problems at all. The gas mileage was poor to start, but a K&N filter changed that. (17-21)(15- 17 before)HWY. The Rockford Fosgate system isn't all what it's cracked up to be. The factory stereo in my 02 Trailblazer sounds better. Overall I am pleased with the performance and ride.

Favorite Features

The in-dash 6 disc changer, 16 inch wheels and long bed. Steering wheel mounted audio controls!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower I've got an 03 and even though it's got 10 more horses than last year, it still isn't enough! More rear seat leg room and more fron seat hip room. I 6'1" 185 and it feels a little tight. Shift on the fly Four wheel drive.

'03 Frontier Crew Cab 4WD SB
By henrysc

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is a solid performer on and off road. Have not towed with it yet, but expect it will do fine. Will probably add 3" lift kit and performance exhaust.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Drives solid, good ride.

Suggested Improvements

Increase size a little to get more room in rear seat. Upgrade V6 engine for more power so supercharger with premium fuel maybe not a requirement. A little better fit and finish on interior, with leather/cloth combo.