Used 2003 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great little truck in general
By beast10r

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a truck I needed something that I could get into relatively cheap that I could haul my motorcycle around with, and last a long time. After doing lots of research I decided on the Frontier. I bought the truck with 75k on it 2 years ago, and it currently has just under 100k. The previous owner took good care of it and gave me a bunch of maintenance receipts and so far it's been trouble free except for a bad knock sensor, but that doesn't really effect anything. That said, it's not very powerful and it drinks gas like a V8. It should have had a 6 speed but with this truck you trade power and efficiency for reliability. If your Ok with that, then it's great.

Look, durability. size

Well, since there is already a new model out I doubt this would help anything, but I would say it needs a stronger and more efficient motor. If they made a truck this size with a stronger motor that got 20 MPG city, and 25 MPG highway, it would own the market.

Enjoy the Ride!
By Nate240-Z

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE this truck! I have almost 45000 miles on it now and not a single problem. The interior does not have the cheap look and feel that the Toyota has. The interior is also extremely user friendly. Once you get rid of those horrible BFG rugged trail tires for a real All Terrain tire, I suggest the Yokohama Geolander A/T+II's, the off-road ability is amazing. I had NO wet road traction with the BFG's and the Yoko's solved that problem. I ordered mine with the 5spd manual which has a 4LO crawl ratio of nearly 40:1. Gas mielage is good for a 4x4... I average 20mpg on the highway and 15-16 in town, also while towing my '72 240Z on the hwy (3300lbs w/trailer) I averaged 16mpg @ 65-70mph.

Standard Factory STEEL Front Skid Plate... 2 thumbs up!!! It actually lives up to the OFF ROAD written on the Bed. I've got the regular 4 speaker stereo and it sounds great. Bed Extender is handy. I will be sticking with a Frontier when I get my new truck in a year or two.

Add tie downs on the floor of the bed. Front tow hook (handy for pulling out stuck Toyotas). Better Tires stock - Nissan is still using the (not so) Rugged Trails on the new NISMO.

Great times and good fun!
By grizzlyrizzly

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It was between the frontier and the tacoma and when it came down to money, power, and interior room there was no comparison. The extended bed liner and the 4wd drive makes it unstopable. It has gotten me out of many sticky situations. Test drive and you will see too....

Cd player, 4wd, extended bed, interior room, heats up quickly during winter months.

Could use a little more HP and better gas mileage.

Shift_Respect
By Nissan Dirt Trail

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I drive my Fronty hard. I'm always delivering 10 foot metal studs and drywall with no problems. For a compact truck it's very rugid indeed. For the price of Frontiers you really get your money's worth. I recommend a Fronty to anyone shopping for a well built compact truck.

The way it drives/feels and it's reliability.

I would suggest to Nissan to do away with the exterior "armor" trim look.

Good Value for the money
By Copeland

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent Value for the money. The V6 Runs strong, handles good for a truck. Gas mileage is average for trucks in this class. The interior is laid out well. Very comfortable and fun to drive on long trips. This truck can rival any compact truck around. Very impressive for the price. Good, reliable and well built. The Frontier in my opinion is highly underrated. Good looking too. Nothing else looks like it.

Drives smooth. Roomy cab. Very stable on rough roads. Interior design. Handles good.

Could use a little more top end power but After all it is a truck. Otherwise I have no complaints.