2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Light Duty Pickup
By yader84 on 08/06/12 07:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all the light duty trucks before I bought this in 2007. Tacoma was small, lower to the ground, and more bouncy. Mazda felt loose, Ranger couldn't touch the interior space. The Nissan is stable, feels larger than others, has great towing capacity (3000#), and I get 27 mpg. For the size, it has power you wouldn't expect. Best of all, it has had no major problems, and that's at 175,000 miles.

Too many issues
By sourkrautgreg on 05/18/10 14:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My previous truck was a 95 Nissan Hardbody XE V6 ext Cab. I traded it in on my current truck and only had to replace the fan belt when it broke at about 100k. Loved that Truck. I have had numerous issues with this one however. I have had to replace the clutch and the AC compressor at 62k. The speed sensor had been on its way out since before then, and finally quit outright at about 85k. Now at 95k and need to replace AC comp again. Nissan dealer installed it.

Great truck
By Darrell Smith on 11/06/09 12:14 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this truck now for over a year. And with 90,000 on the odom. Ive given it 1 full engine and tranny tune- up. It cruises on the hiway at 2500 rpm's doing 70 mph. And Idle's Smooth as glass. I give it 4 out of 5 Starz

are ya kidding
By redhot on 08/16/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a new tundra, (let my wife take it over). Took over her frontier for work. It's a tuff little truck that can take a beating and gets great gas mileage. 4 cyl bear basics does the job, been getting 24 mpg driving across New Orleans. Pot holes, railroad tracks, ya name it, handles it all. Be my work horse till she wears out, gets wrecked, flooded or stolen. 29k on it.

So far so goog little truck
By dcdoc97 on 08/21/06 23:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Bought this truck used in May 2006. Inside is comfortable. Outside is nice. have taken couple of trips of 300+ mile and it was a comfortable ride. cab is quite in highway speed. turning radius could be better. horrible gas milage (15 city, 17 highway)!! I pulled a boat and a trailer with a combined weight of about 4200 lb from LA to Las Vegas. the truck had no problems except going up hill (it could only go 50 mph up hill!!)

Enjoy the Ride!
By Nate240-Z on 09/13/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE this truck! I have almost 45000 miles on it now and not a single problem. The interior does not have the cheap look and feel that the Toyota has. The interior is also extremely user friendly. Once you get rid of those horrible BFG rugged trail tires for a real All Terrain tire, I suggest the Yokohama Geolander A/T+II's, the off-road ability is amazing. I had NO wet road traction with the BFG's and the Yoko's solved that problem. I ordered mine with the 5spd manual which has a 4LO crawl ratio of nearly 40:1. Gas mielage is good for a 4x4... I average 20mpg on the highway and 15-16 in town, also while towing my '72 240Z on the hwy (3300lbs w/trailer) I averaged 16mpg @ 65-70mph.

Great truck for a lot of gas
By Darby19d on 08/12/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

My Frontier is a great truck: fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, does everything I ask it to without complaining. But my only complaint is that it sucks gas like no one else's business. I average about 15-16 MPG. Granted, I live in the city, which isn't optimal for fuel efficiency, but it still hurts the pocket book. It still get's below average gas milage on the freeway (about 16-17 MPG), but it's still better than in the city. My recommendation, if you do a lot of freeway driving or don't live in the city, it's a great truck to drive. If you live in the city, you better be rich.

Weak on power until
By theodore popee on 06/24/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Weak on power untill I adjusted timing up, not so much it pings just before. Still 2.4 engine does not have the power 2.5 altima motor has This truck has style large hauling compasity jump seats behind passenger 24 mpg need to keep rpm up if you want speed steers a little hard with power steering for an old man with open heart,

Hurts so good . . .
By Richard911 on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice rig. I had a 1994, same setup, 4cyl 5spd. Very dependable. Had a problem with the seats on long commutes. The seats would cut off circulation to my legs. I wound up retro-fitting some 280Z seats. I thought they had this solved in the newer rigs. No way! This is not the car for a 6' tall man.

Cheaper than Toyota
By srl99 on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cheaper than Toyota and you get what you pay for. Auto dumped all tranny fluid at 1507 miles (yes, brand new). Nissan USA's response - refill fluid and have a nice day. Truck looks nice and gets excellent mileage on the back of tow truck. Can't operate defroster independent of A/C, shift lever blocks controls.