Used 2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great little truck in general
By beast10r

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a truck I needed something that I could get into relatively cheap that I could haul my motorcycle around with, and last a long time. After doing lots of research I decided on the Frontier. I bought the truck with 75k on it 2 years ago, and it currently has just under 100k. The previous owner took good care of it and gave me a bunch of maintenance receipts and so far it's been trouble free except for a bad knock sensor, but that doesn't really effect anything. That said, it's not very powerful and it drinks gas like a V8. It should have had a 6 speed but with this truck you trade power and efficiency for reliability. If your Ok with that, then it's great.

Look, durability. size

Well, since there is already a new model out I doubt this would help anything, but I would say it needs a stronger and more efficient motor. If they made a truck this size with a stronger motor that got 20 MPG city, and 25 MPG highway, it would own the market.

Great Light Duty Pickup
By yader84

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all the light duty trucks before I bought this in 2007. Tacoma was small, lower to the ground, and more bouncy. Mazda felt loose, Ranger couldn't touch the interior space. The Nissan is stable, feels larger than others, has great towing capacity (3000#), and I get 27 mpg. For the size, it has power you wouldn't expect. Best of all, it has had no major problems, and that's at 175,000 miles.

Towing Height Gas Mileage

Factory sound isn't all that great. No iPod hook up.

Too many issues
By sourkrautgreg

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My previous truck was a 95 Nissan Hardbody XE V6 ext Cab. I traded it in on my current truck and only had to replace the fan belt when it broke at about 100k. Loved that Truck. I have had numerous issues with this one however. I have had to replace the clutch and the AC compressor at 62k. The speed sensor had been on its way out since before then, and finally quit outright at about 85k. Now at 95k and need to replace AC comp again. Nissan dealer installed it.

Great ground clearance and very capable off road. Ample power for a 4000 lb truck with a manual tranny

Gas mileage poor considering its a v6, not v8. Overall engine reliability and better placement of back spark plug

Great truck
By Darrell Smith

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this truck now for over a year. And with 90,000 on the odom. Ive given it 1 full engine and tranny tune- up. It cruises on the hiway at 2500 rpm's doing 70 mph. And Idle's Smooth as glass. I give it 4 out of 5 Starz

body

Have the hi/Low headlight beam on the Left side of the floor board again.

are ya kidding
By redhot

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a new tundra, (let my wife take it over). Took over her frontier for work. It's a tuff little truck that can take a beating and gets great gas mileage. 4 cyl bear basics does the job, been getting 24 mpg driving across New Orleans. Pot holes, railroad tracks, ya name it, handles it all. Be my work horse till she wears out, gets wrecked, flooded or stolen. 29k on it.

Air conditioner rocks, solid truck with good mpg reliable.

Small truck, hard to get in and out.