2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Love My Truck - Great Truck - Won't let it go
By laurelguy on 08/18/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 03 Frontier new in 1/03, haven't had any complaints, now has 191k miles on it, having some issues but that's expected I guess. Speed sensors on both side needed replaced, now having to replace rear seal. Might be bandaging it but really don't want to let the truck go. Only complaint was local Nissan dealership for service or lack there of, but found local shop just as good and less expensive.

Ole Miss Update
By olemiss on 05/11/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just wanted to update my post of my Frontier Crew Cab long bed with 3.3 engine. I had to replace the A/C compressor around 75,000 miles, replaced a headlight last week, and a battery at the seven year point. I chose to put new shocks all around and replace the brake pads at 85,000 miles. I will have new hoses and belts put on when I have the timing belt replaced at 100,000 miles. Not bad for a ten year old truck with 90,000 miles. I take very good care of this truck and I plan to drive it daily for a few more years.

Buy It
By Ole Miss on 02/23/10 09:54 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissain Frontier new in November 2003. I've owned Toyota, Chevy (Luv), Mazda, Ford small pickups. I like to have a small truck. If you need a heavy hauler, get a full size truck. I've put 65,000 miles on the truck and have not had a single problem. It tows a trailer with ease and goes from city to highway driving with ease. It's quieter on the Highway than my Honda Odyssey. I get 20 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway which is better gas mileage than most get. Only bad I can say the A/C compresser has always had a bone chilling "clang" when it kicks in.

One Tough Truck
By datsun72 on 12/25/08 21:10 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine new. I now have over 140,000 on it. All I've ever had to do is change oil. I've only had to replace the brake pads once. The tires average over 60,000 before I replace them. It's never even had to be aligned. Toughest vehicle I've ever owned. It still looks brand new. It's worked hard and now my son drives it. Liked it so well I bought a 2008 Frontier to keep it company. Nissan builds the most reliable truck out there.

You had me at supercharged!
By Jhn on 04/14/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned many different makes & models, this truck made me a fan of Nissan. I wish it had better gas mileage but with a super charged V6 I can't complain to much. I am sort of a shade tree mech. & the ease of changing brakes, oil, filters, etc. was actually surprising. Thank you Nissan for a truck with great style & performance. The next time I buy a vehicle it will be another Nissan.

Great Truck
By Rich Soto on 04/02/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Starts up nice. Drives like a full size truck. Step on the gas and she goes nice for a v6. Shifts smooth and stops on a dime. Turning radius is great. Has a little bit of wind noise around door somewhere. I will figure it out sooner or later. Had to trade a manual transmission vehicle for this cause I could not use right shoulder to well and this truck has everthing easy to reach. Pulls a 2 place quad trailer very well. I forget it's back there. That is how well it pulls and rides back there. Hope I dont have to get rid of this truck for any health reasons. This truck could last me forever. Bought it with 54 thousand miles, clean as a whistle. Got a full 60k service done at dealer. Top shape!

Nice but could be even better
By EarlR on 11/16/07 13:53 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Frontier as a dual-purpose vehicle; a tow rig for my 240SX race car, and off-road toy for mountian trips. As a tow rig the truck is just adequate; the long wheel base (CC/LB) makes it very stable, but the engine is a little underpowered. If I had known they were coming out with a 4L 265-HP version I might have waited to buy my truck. As noted, the gas mileage is pretty poor, but part of that surely stems from the low gearing (4.63:1 rear) needed to compensate for the underpowered engine. OTOH, as an off-road truck it shines. With just a change of tires (M/Ts) the truck turns into a 4-wheeling beast; I can go everywhere my buddy's Jeep Rubicon goes-until the beds starts to drag :)

Love My Nissan
By ams27587 on 06/27/07 13:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great truck. Bought 1 year old with 9800 miles. Better styling and performance than the Toyota costing about $3K more. 3 years and 64K miles later, still enjoy this truck. Some minor problems encountered, including A/C high pressure hose replaced twice, power steering pump leak and some unexplained rattling underneath the driver. Dealer has been generally cooperative. The supercharged engine delivers great torque but at a cost of barely 14 mpg around town. I now drive my wife's car during the week due to having to fill up every 4-5 days. All in all, a great truck and very reliable and still looks great for a 4 year old.

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
By bucc19 on 05/28/07 06:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for 2 years and I've had NO problems. Traded my Tacoma in on this with no regrets. It has a better ride, more comfort and much better looks. I'm now a Nissan guy.

Best of the 2003s
By love my Nissan on 05/19/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I looked at all the 03 mid-size crew-cabs before buying. The Nissan was the obvious choice. It had the most powerful engine (super-charged V6), the longest bed, quietest interior, and was thousands less than a comparably equipped Toyota. I have a fully loaded top of the line truck with every option and a few aftermarket add-ons. This truck has proved to be religiously dependable and an excellent buy. I get 17 mpg in the city and close to 22 on the highway. I don't like the fact that it needs premium gas and the Firestones that come on the S/C 2x2 are JUNK (I got less than 20k miles from the first set, and I am a very conservative driver. The second set isn't fairing any better).