2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great little truck in general
By beast10r on 10/07/14 17:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a truck I needed something that I could get into relatively cheap that I could haul my motorcycle around with, and last a long time. After doing lots of research I decided on the Frontier. I bought the truck with 75k on it 2 years ago, and it currently has just under 100k. The previous owner took good care of it and gave me a bunch of maintenance receipts and so far it's been trouble free except for a bad knock sensor, but that doesn't really effect anything. That said, it's not very powerful and it drinks gas like a V8. It should have had a 6 speed but with this truck you trade power and efficiency for reliability. If your Ok with that, then it's great.

Enjoy the Ride!
By Nate240-Z on 09/13/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE this truck! I have almost 45000 miles on it now and not a single problem. The interior does not have the cheap look and feel that the Toyota has. The interior is also extremely user friendly. Once you get rid of those horrible BFG rugged trail tires for a real All Terrain tire, I suggest the Yokohama Geolander A/T+II's, the off-road ability is amazing. I had NO wet road traction with the BFG's and the Yoko's solved that problem. I ordered mine with the 5spd manual which has a 4LO crawl ratio of nearly 40:1. Gas mielage is good for a 4x4... I average 20mpg on the highway and 15-16 in town, also while towing my '72 240Z on the hwy (3300lbs w/trailer) I averaged 16mpg @ 65-70mph.

Great times and good fun!
By grizzlyrizzly on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It was between the frontier and the tacoma and when it came down to money, power, and interior room there was no comparison. The extended bed liner and the 4wd drive makes it unstopable. It has gotten me out of many sticky situations. Test drive and you will see too....

Shift_Respect
By Nissan Dirt Trail on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I drive my Fronty hard. I'm always delivering 10 foot metal studs and drywall with no problems. For a compact truck it's very rugid indeed. For the price of Frontiers you really get your money's worth. I recommend a Fronty to anyone shopping for a well built compact truck.

Good Value for the money
By Copeland on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent Value for the money. The V6 Runs strong, handles good for a truck. Gas mileage is average for trucks in this class. The interior is laid out well. Very comfortable and fun to drive on long trips. This truck can rival any compact truck around. Very impressive for the price. Good, reliable and well built. The Frontier in my opinion is highly underrated. Good looking too. Nothing else looks like it.

Frontier's Amazing
By Ballistics on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have always had Toyotas, I thought I'd try Nissan. The Nissan feels heavier, but has better center of gravity feelilng. Has outstanding noise supression cab. In WV, running 70 up hills in 5th gear feels good! I had to drive 3 hours in 4WD in near white-out snow, the vehicle was very stable and reliable, rarely broke traction and handled well. My only disappointment is the consistent 15-17 mpg. However, considering all the other pluses I have no regrets. Frontier delivers on demand every time.