2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Light Duty Pickup
By yader84 on 08/06/12 07:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all the light duty trucks before I bought this in 2007. Tacoma was small, lower to the ground, and more bouncy. Mazda felt loose, Ranger couldn't touch the interior space. The Nissan is stable, feels larger than others, has great towing capacity (3000#), and I get 27 mpg. For the size, it has power you wouldn't expect. Best of all, it has had no major problems, and that's at 175,000 miles.

Weak on power until
By theodore popee on 06/24/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Weak on power untill I adjusted timing up, not so much it pings just before. Still 2.4 engine does not have the power 2.5 altima motor has This truck has style large hauling compasity jump seats behind passenger 24 mpg need to keep rpm up if you want speed steers a little hard with power steering for an old man with open heart,

Hurts so good . . .
By Richard911 on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice rig. I had a 1994, same setup, 4cyl 5spd. Very dependable. Had a problem with the seats on long commutes. The seats would cut off circulation to my legs. I wound up retro-fitting some 280Z seats. I thought they had this solved in the newer rigs. No way! This is not the car for a 6' tall man.

Cheaper than Toyota
By srl99 on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cheaper than Toyota and you get what you pay for. Auto dumped all tranny fluid at 1507 miles (yes, brand new). Nissan USA's response - refill fluid and have a nice day. Truck looks nice and gets excellent mileage on the back of tow truck. Can't operate defroster independent of A/C, shift lever blocks controls.

Fun economical compact pickup
By Rob Dollen on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There is a fair amount of power in this 4 cylinder.

Nissan Frontier
By jh4451 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy the Nissan Frontier so far. The style of the exterior is what sold me. I also like the extend a bed feature. The interior controls are not easy to see with the shift lever in the way. But so far, that is the only minor concern I would have with the vehicle.

I named her Harriet...
By H.B. on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Frontier. I had a base model toyota from '92-'02...I was shopping for a Tacoma and discovered the Frontier. Its visual styling,abundance of extras (compared to Tacoma)and just the overall feeling of getting alot of Bang for your Buck can't be beat.It handles great, has good gas mileage,and has all of the bells and whistles I was looking for...I recomend Frontier to anyone who is thinking of a new small pick-up!

Under the Radar Value
By rkt440 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been aware of the Froniter but I never realized what a value it really is. Quality Japanese craftsmanship, the right features (Alloys, A/C, CD), slightly larger motor and you get a super-cab for the price of a similarly equipped, regular cab Ranger.

You get what you pay for...
By Sambo on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something simple with a low overall cost of ownership. So far so good with 9000 miles on the odometer. 4 cylinder is peppy and 5 speed transmission is nicely matched. Mileage is 23 MPG in mixed driving. A/C really sucks the power-I turn it off when I need some speed. Interior is nice. Exterioe styling is great. Made in the USA-I like the idea of keeping those 5800 Americans working hard in Smyrna, TN.

Another trustworthy truck!
By MtbVA on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For 16 years I've driven two NISSAN Trucks ('84 bought used in '89) & ('95 bought new), this is my third. Not one problem that wasn't normal wear & tear (brakes/tires/clutch)! Extremely low maintenance costs! This truck has many more creature comforts & storage options than my past trucks!