old truck new love
By carol_okc on
2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)
I looked long and hard for the perfect truck - and I've found it. I've always driven full-size pickups but wanted better economy, 4wd, a decent cargo capacity, and room for my two big dogs for everything except hauling the big round bales of hay. Still have the 2500 Ram for the latter, but the Frontier handles everything else beautifully. Since I tend to drive my vehicles forever, I wasn't concerned about this being older and having a bit over 100k miles on it. I did have my mechanic go over it thoroughly, freshening several things that needed to be addressed, but still brought it in at my budgeted figure - and expect to drive it at least another 100k miles. Can you tell I love it??
Favorite Features
It delivers everything I wanted and then some. Finding one with the 5-speed manual took some doing, but I found it. I'm not used to the 'luxury' of power everything, especially in what is a working vehicle - this little beast is spoiling me fast.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is that the owner's manual (yes, all manuals were in the dash, even after 9 years) is that the instrument panel/controls diagram is incomplete.. still trying to figure out what one toggle does, since it isn't identified in the manual.