Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Mud Slingin in Style
By McFack on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck! Easily $3k cheaper than Toyota or Ford Sport Trac w/ comparable options. I purchased for looks, options & $price$. Options:4WD,Automatic,Long Bed,Under rail bed liner w/ rail caps,Rockford Fosgate 6-disc.CD,Tow Hitch,Leather Package(Includes Sun Roof & Security System) Added Options:H&H Tool Box Nit Picky Complaints: (1)Clicking noises under the hood when putting the truck into gear. I think this is typical of Frontiers, but Iíve never heard of this before. (2)When I turn on the AC the compressor makes a noise like one beat on a drum. I hope this is not the sound of future repairs. Otherwise the AC works great!

By BrianN on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks, good towing capacity and cargo room. This truck rides better than most, but it's acceleration is not the best. Still the truck is very fun to drive. Gas Milage is a little dissapointing, but not the worst in its class. So far I'm very happy and I would buy a Nissan again.

Driver Makes the Gas Mileage
By diffie on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Mechanically perfect and absolutely reliable, this 3800-lb truck w/ 3 adults, a pop-up camper, and other gear went from Dallas to the mountains above Sante Fe. Plenty of power to pull this 6500-lb GVW up to 11,000 ft. 15mpg in the steep parts, 17mpg in the prairie when towing. 20mpg when driving sans trailer. The only thing I do not like about this truck is that I paid too much for it because 3 week later these trucks were discounted by $3000. I was not happy with my dealer... Trophy Nissan of Dallas. I'll not shop there any more.

Kinda Used..
By Origamiman on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I was driving a Crown Vic. I loved my roomy 4.6 V8 car,but i needed something more updated; plus, people always thought i was a cop. Loved the look of the Nissan for the dollar. Both the Ford and Dodge had better engines, but the Dodge was too expensive and the jumpseats in the Ford are a joke. I settled on A Nissan XE 2002 barely used. It only had 4000 miles on it, and most of the features i wanted. I built my truck online and i would of had to pay much more money if was brand new. I got a find.

Great Truck
By Long Distance Driver on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 200 Miles to work on Sunday Night and then the same on Friday. About 20 miles aday at work. Solid, fun to drive, great fuel ecomomy for a small truck (28 mpg at 75 mph). Only complaint was dealer who repeatedly lied during sale (surprise!!)

Cons of the 2002 Frontier SE-V6
By tjniemann on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a good vehicle, but I remember looking up reviews on Edmunds in April prior to purchasing my truck and one reviewer wrote in about the "clicking" noises in the front. I figured it was a fluke and wouldn't happen to me. Well, it did. I have "clicking" and occassional metallic "squeaking" noises in what seems to be the front suspension -- Primarily when im turning around a corner. Had it in twice and it's still not fixed....

All Around Decent Truck, But...
By Squid on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of people have complained about the gas mileage and yes it's not great. Recently, got about 315 miles on 15.6 gallons. That's about 20 MPG with mostly highway driving and that's what the sticker said, so I'm not complaining. Very pleased with the long bed. I've run into quite a few instances where the extra length was needed. I really like the overall versatility of the truck. It seats five (somewhat comfortably) and yet still has plenty of room in the bed for bikes, fishing gear, whatever.

great truck, much better than its review
By jaron on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

despite lackluster magazine reviews, I have a fleet of these trucks (they seemed the best value for the money, and unlike the Toyotas, can be had for around $4000LESS than MSRP) and am thoroughly impressed. I'll purchase another fleet of the same truck in three years.

Lots of Warranty Work, but still fun
By scottn on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my truck in the shop several times since I bought it in October. Bad rotors, faulty computer, popping noise in front end, and this week - bad window motor. The good news - I don't have a single complaint for the service department. They are quick and friendly. Those are, for the most part, minor problems covered by warranty. I still love the truck and after 10,500 miles in 8 months, it's still fun to drive.

Great Truck
By Thunda on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Excellent handling and the super charger provides great power. Looks cannot be matched by any other compact.