Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

just bought one
By keebler

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 02 Frontier CrewCab with the 6' bed, and althoughi've only put 25 miles on it, it is so nice. i think i wount have any regrets for buying it.

Not Bad
By Vertifly

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Right now I am approaching the end of my first gas tank at 250 miles. That says a lot so far. This thing is, no doubt, a gas gusler. Other than that, it seems like an intelligent purchase for someone who needs a truck but does not want to sacrifice a back seat. The truck is stylish enough to be proud of driving and gets the job done. I can see myself making the following changes, such as a Tanneu Cover, to help gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable to drive. Good initial pickup and torque on the automatic. Stylish. Good base sound system. Good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Need to rethink the CD holder in the center console. Better mileage. Center console could come out further for arm resting. Don't like the location of cruise control.

frontier
By yagermichael

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

noisy motor bad gas miledge

The BEST
By Garik

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

have owned the vehicle for almost a year, and not regretting it. The best truck/suv in its line, enough space for everrything with long bed option.

Favorite Features

awesome sound, beautiful leather, soft/sporty ride, over all LOOKS THE BEST. (ice silver)

Suggested Improvements

one more option needed, an option to ride on water!!!

My "Little Goat"
By j-shoota

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

For my first New vehicle, I wanted something that is versatile to all my needs. I commute, I like to go "out", I'm a camper/hunter/snowboarder, who likes to "roll" with his "boyz". First, this sucker can climb. The clearance is nice and handy. It has the solid/heftiness of the "american" made trucks but doesn't have the bulkiness, which came in handy MANY times while 4-wheelin'. The look turns heads, along w/ the upgraded stereo. The 3.3L engine is not enough for its weight. Rides smooth and solid. I found it a little difficult to make tight turns into parking spots, especially with an extended bed (gotta have the extended bed).

Favorite Features

long bed, limited slip diff w/ the sport package, the stock clearance, solid/hefty safe feel, upgraded stereo, compactness and ability to get into tight spots, and The "sexy" look.

Suggested Improvements

bigger engine is a must (4.0+ pleeease), better gas mileage (only gettin 15-16 on the hwy right no), needs more rear passenger room. Needs some storage room in the back of the rear seats or underneath. More wheel-well clearance so you can put some "32's" on!.