2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Not Bad
By Vertifly on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Right now I am approaching the end of my first gas tank at 250 miles. That says a lot so far. This thing is, no doubt, a gas gusler. Other than that, it seems like an intelligent purchase for someone who needs a truck but does not want to sacrifice a back seat. The truck is stylish enough to be proud of driving and gets the job done. I can see myself making the following changes, such as a Tanneu Cover, to help gas mileage.

frontier
By yagermichael on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

noisy motor bad gas miledge

The BEST
By Garik on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

have owned the vehicle for almost a year, and not regretting it. The best truck/suv in its line, enough space for everrything with long bed option.

2001 SC King Cab Desert Runner
By bhendon on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Good overall. Good styling. Good power. Comfortable leather seating. Poor fuel economy. Costly to repair in accidents.

My "Little Goat"
By j-shoota on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

For my first New vehicle, I wanted something that is versatile to all my needs. I commute, I like to go "out", I'm a camper/hunter/snowboarder, who likes to "roll" with his "boyz". First, this sucker can climb. The clearance is nice and handy. It has the solid/heftiness of the "american" made trucks but doesn't have the bulkiness, which came in handy MANY times while 4-wheelin'. The look turns heads, along w/ the upgraded stereo. The 3.3L engine is not enough for its weight. Rides smooth and solid. I found it a little difficult to make tight turns into parking spots, especially with an extended bed (gotta have the extended bed).

My First vehicle
By truckgirl on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2000 nissan frontier and I love it. It is my first vehicle. The truck has been very good for me, I haven't had any major problems with it. It gets me back and forth to where I need to go with no problems. I have fun driving the truck. Because of my experience with the truck I will probably buy another Frontier in the future.

Extraordinary!
By MikeRG on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I used to own a Nissan pick-up then I switched to Ford F-series and I was disappointed with Ford's quality. Also, my relatives used to on Chevrolet and I hate GM vehicles. I decided to switch back to Nissan and told myself to stay with Nissan forever. I love my new Nissan Froniter. There are no other trucks (makes) that are equal or better than Nissan.

Good basic small pickup
By dageezer on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle that was good on gas for commuting to work and could haul stuff on the weekends for various home improvement projects. I like the handling and overall ride of this truck. The interior with the bucket seats is a little cramped for me (i'm 6'5"), the bench seats would've been better. It's pretty quick once you get it moving, a little more low end torque would be better as another reviewer said. The base CD stereo system is pretty decent. Overall I don't think you can go wrong with this truck.

??? windowshield wipers and brakes
By loren whan on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nissian trucks since 1984 and this is the second one from this dealer and frankly was not happy about the service given I am taking back again for the brakes to be checked out. The wipers smear in different spots. AND THE THING THAT ALL MY NISSIANS HAVE DONE IS THE DRIVERS OUTSIDE MIRROR SHAKES AT 45MPH AND THE PASSENGER SIDE DOES NOT.

Mud Slingin in Style
By McFack on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck! Easily $3k cheaper than Toyota or Ford Sport Trac w/ comparable options. I purchased for looks, options & $price$. Options:4WD,Automatic,Long Bed,Under rail bed liner w/ rail caps,Rockford Fosgate 6-disc.CD,Tow Hitch,Leather Package(Includes Sun Roof & Security System) Added Options:H&H Tool Box Nit Picky Complaints: (1)Clicking noises under the hood when putting the truck into gear. I think this is typical of Frontiers, but Iíve never heard of this before. (2)When I turn on the AC the compressor makes a noise like one beat on a drum. I hope this is not the sound of future repairs. Otherwise the AC works great!