Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great Toy
By M. Swan

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I read the reviews. I did my research. I found one on the internet. Without even a test drive, I bought it and the dealership drove it down to me (4hrs one way). If you want a small truck that has the OMMPH, here ya go. If you expect to get 20+MPG.. don't buy this truck. It is a PERFORMACE vehicle. Fun to drive and no major issues so far.

Go, go, go. The Supercharger winds up and away you go. Do a lil 4x4 with it and watch the mud fly.

The bed light and mid brake light had water in it and failed. Took to dealer, instant replacement @ no cost. No other problems.

it's bad on gas
By frontierboy

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

the truck had a squek in the front bumper brackets , passenger seats chirps when empty and gas is the worst, and engine valves are noisy. clickety click.

exterior styling nice paint

please help to make this truck fuel efficent!

Disappointed
By Billiard

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased another Nissan soley due to my previous XE-6 extended cab had no problems in the 9 years I drove it other than an $14 relay I replaced in the ignition system. I've had this one for 2 years and have already had too many problems. After only 3 months, my belts came off while driving due to a failure of the part that keeps the tension in the belts. This year, the regulators in both the front windows had to be replaced when my windows would not roll up. A piece on the wind shield for the luggage rack broke and the whole assembly had to be replaced. And now, by CD player will not accept CDs.

The stlye and the ride (I have the sport package and power package). The long bed option.

Overall quality - very diappointed in Nissan this time around since I owned one previously with virtually no problems. Fuel economy (although I knew this buying it).

BOUGHT A LEMON
By JILL

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT MY TRUCK IN APRIL 2002. HAD IT ONLY 6MTHS. WITH 14,000 MILES ON IT . MY HUSBAND WAS CHANGING MY OIL & FOUND IT HAD 2 LEAKS THE POWER STEERING WAS LEAKING & THE TRANSMISSION WAS LEAKING TOOK IT TOO THE DEALERSHIP. NISSAN WOULDN'T PUT A NEW TRANSMISSION IN IT . THEY HAD IT FOR 40 DAYS REPLACING THE SEALS & THEY COULD OF JUST PUT A NEW ONE IN , I DID THE LEMON LAW ON THEM. I LOVED THE TRUCK OTHERWISE & ALWAYS GOT COMPLIMENTS ON IT . TOWING CAPACITY GOOD & GREAT IN THE SNOW. POOR GAS MILEAGE THOUGH. I'VE ALWAYS HEARD GOOD ABOUT NISSAN THATS WHY I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK BUT THIS EXPERIENCE HAS MADE ME THINK DIFFERENT OF NISSAN

HANDLES GREAT IN THE SNOW, LOVED THE LOOKS, FUN TOO DRIVE

GAS MILEAGE, MECHANICAL IMPROVEMENTS

xe
By cawiles

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had excellent service from this truck and would have no qualms about purchasing another. Thus far I have encountered only one defect which related to emissions controlat around 9,000 miles. It did not affect the performance of the vehicle. The problem was identified and repaired quickly. The truck is slow at takeoff unless I put my foot down heavily. This truck has an excellent turning radius, which comes in very handy in tight parking situations. which I forget about. The interior of the truck is laid out very well for my tastes, with plenty of space and easy ingress and egress.

The center console is probably my favorite feature. I also like the tight turning radius.

Maybe a little more low end torque. I also wish I had opted for the cruise control, but did not want the other equiptment that came with that package.