2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
NOT BAD FOR THE CASH!!
By NISSAN_DRIVEN!! on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the same clunking in the front end after one week!! Americans can NOT build quality in the states... Truck looks very cool, great price, great deal on my trade from this dealership as well. This is for all you people complaining about the GAS MILEAGE, its a TRUCK get over it or drive a compact car!!!!

Nissan Quality w/No Legroom
By BlackIron on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 6'3" and owned my 2002 Nissan Frontier for 13 months. The outside of the Nissan is sharp when you get it decked out with the running boards, the body moulding, and the overhead racks, and not an ounce of problem out of it the whole time. The interior front seats are fine...plenty of room for two people...but there is ABSOLUTELY NO leg room in the back seat of this vehicle...the long bed is nice if you haul things and came in handy several times.

Worth Buying?
By jstitan2000 on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is almost everything you would need in a pickup truck. If you change to S/C pulley to a slightly smaller one you could achieve the pathfinder horsepower of 240. Then truely would this be a S/C truck thats fun to drive. I can't complain about anything else except the fuel mileage. In town you get 15 mpg. Pretty bad! All in all this is a great truck and 10,000 less than a full size with a kickass stereo.

so far, so good
By maas on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 95 Nissan pickup that never did me wrong, but it was time to get something newer. I decided to stick with Nissan due to my past experience. I love this truck, but I keep hearing about people having problems with them and that scares me. One thing I can say is that the A/C makes some strange noises that I fear will mean problems in the future. Also, my clutch pedal squeaks. Gas mileage stinks big time. Overall, I think it's great, but I'm still worried that it will end up having some problems .

Love this truck!
By WilliamB on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my v6 Desert Runner from a dealer. It was used, but this truck runs great! The v6 isn't as strong as its competition, Toyota Tacoma Prerunner v6, but it still packs a pretty good punch. For its size, the acceleration is pretty good. The ride is smoother than I thought. Overall, this is a very good vehicle. I recomend looking into one if you are searching for midsize trucks.

Nissan Crew-Cab Long Bed
By Art Hawkins on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck. Not as much fun as the short bed Crew-Cab, but hauls a bunch. Excellent workmanship and reliability. However, Gas milage is below my expectations at 18 highway/16 city with 6 cyl auto, no supercharger. The Nissan trucks NEVER let you down.

not yet sold
By workinmanstruck on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Not yet sold on this vehicle. I have a 2002 V6 4x4 XE king cab. Gas milage good at 20-21 mph everywhere. Having problem with clunky brakes, fade in pedal, long stops and heavy pulling to left. Loud wurring noise,like that of a power steering pump is getting on my nerves. Fit and finish not the greatest. At 7k miles (8 weeks old )it is starting to get squeeky. Motor is loosening up and acceleration is improving. Love the look, price was right. Will be making first trip to dealer for service, we'll see how that goes.

Get whatcha pay fer
By diffie on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Driven all kinds of trucks from great big diesels to little bitty 4-cyls... can't beat this for quality. Mileage depends on the driver. I get 15 in the city, 17(hwy) when I tow my small camper, and an honest 21(hwy) when solo (I'm happy with that with a 2-ton compact V6). I have had this truck 14- mo now and have no complaints when you consider the competition's price and quality.

Excellent basic weekend pick-up
By Mike2575 on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I shopped this and the Toyota Tacoma - this had a better price point, and the dealer was not the usual jeck. Runs fine, no issues in 10 months. Great weekend hauler.

just bought one
By keebler on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 02 Frontier CrewCab with the 6' bed, and althoughi've only put 25 miles on it, it is so nice. i think i wount have any regrets for buying it.