Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Commute Brute
By d2

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is a typical Nissan truck. Runs forever, not much power, but will run and run and run. 52,000 miles an no problems. Just gas and oil changes. I kind of neglect the truck, but heck I only paid 13,000 for it. If I can get 6 years out of it with no major repairs and then sell it for 2,500 it is a win win. I like the style and 24 mpg highway.This kind of truck is a must for a homeowner that needs some weekend hauling. They say you can never give up a truck once you have one. Ok off to Home Depot adios,

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

power and pick up

Nice truck
By cowasockee

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Frontier used, and so far I have been very happy with it. Only problems have been a few rattles that I believe are fixable, poor gas mileage, and my motorcycle (Ducati Monster) will not fit in the bed with the tail gate closed(misses it by a few inches). The only other problem is my wife steals my truck all the time.

Favorite Features

Long bed, four doors absolutely rock, good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage! The cruise control seems a little jerky going up and down hills, but this seems to be a common problem on modern electronic cruise controls.

Love my Truck
By GatorKane

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I've been very happy with my truck. It rides and drives like a truck, a little slow to start, but passes without having to downshift. I have noticed that the ABS light has been on faintly since I got the truck, although dealer says it is fine - I've been told "all of them are like that". Only other problem was the rear window started leaking during heavy rains due to a poor seal around the brake light on the cab.

Favorite Features

comfort, style

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel hides part of right side of instrument panel. Speakers in rear of truck as standard equip.

had 3, but no more, EVER!!!
By stevey_name

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Frontier. I had a 2000 Frontier that I had bought NEW and had a ton of problems with it. These trucks need to be made in Japan where the assembly process is much better! Anyway, I gave Nissan another chance when I bought a loaded up 2001 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4... I only had it for 3 months and it seemed ok?! Here I am in another Frontier, and it has problems galore. Radio went out already, raw gas smell under the truck that is 'undiagnosable' and catalytic converter smells every few days. On top of that, now I have some electrical issues that who knows what it'll cost. I'm trading it and will absolutely NEVER buy a Nissan truck again.

Favorite Features

exterior look and more options for less money but as I see now, what good is that if you have problems?!

Suggested Improvements

better seat material, better radio, better assembly process... take it back to Japan

Not satisfied
By murman

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Hard riding truck. Lots of squeaks and rattles that the dealer has been unable to eliminate.Truck is underpowered and yields poor fuel economy.Cheap interior, especially carpeting and upholstery.